1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
  1. SiggyFraud
    Talk about bad luck. Did you get it to work?

2. oneula
    Nope
    you can just turn them on and they'll play whatever is on the card until its done
    the volume dial works
    I guess you could use it as that kind of player
    or as a DAC or Amp but that's it

Still waiting for the vendor to come thru
    no luck so far
    too bad since I also bought 8 Walnut V2s from them
    You'd think they'd send me F2 replacements for just that

3. SiggyFraud
    Hi @DBaldock9 , I read your F2 review on AliExpress. Are these the LME49710HA op-amps you mention - https://bit.ly/2rCDHYL?
    You installed two of them instead of one stock OPA2604AP if I understood correctly? How'd you do that?
    Sorry for the silly questions, I'm completely oblivious to this kind of moding.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  4. DBaldock9
    I bought some LME49710HA op-amps from a vendor in the USA - but they all seem to be Out of Stock now, since it's a Discontinued item.
    And, since they're discontinued, I wonder whether the ones available on AliExpress are genuine, or not.
    To make a Dual op-amp for the F2, I mounted two on a BrownDog (P/N: 111001) adapter (which I special ordered with low profile, shoulderless pins installed - contact them by email) - https://www.cimarrontechnology.com/product/browndog-111001-single-to-dual-op-amp-adapter

SiggyFraud likes this.
  5. SiggyFraud
    Thanks a lot for the thorough response! I guess I'll wait for the F2 to arrive, and then I'll try some more conventional op amp swapping :wink:

DBaldock9 likes this.
  6. DBaldock9
    This AliExpress shop may have genuine parts (they're rare, so more expensive) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000212498518.html

SiggyFraud likes this.
  7. BruceBanner
    Hey peeps.

I'm wondering if you can help.

My Walnut (normal one, not V2S) is starting to die, or at least the headphone jack is. In conjunction with this my Fiio A1 is really struggling to hold a charge. It does ok if fully charged, but even 1 day after fully charging and not using it immediately upon charge it'll die within 1hr of use.

I have found the two together to be a decent pairing, I use that combo with the PFE 232 and Yamaha EPH100's. You can see I also pair my A1 with my Alien Shozy as well;

[​IMG]

I really like the Walnut for its recall feature, where you last stopped the track (or turned the unit off), that's actually really really handy, in combination with it's fast turn on time it's what makes me reach for it over the Shozy. So does the V2S Walnut also have resume from last position like the earlier Walnuts did?

And what new amplifier could I seek out to replace the A1 with? It must have a Bass Boost feature (as I used that frequently as I often 'Shuffle All' and have an eclectic taste in music), the amplifier must be fairly compact/light however, no bigger than a V2S or Alien Shozy. Affordable is also good.

Basically just wondering what rigs people are using with their current V2S's :)

TIA

BB

NotKunvinced and DBaldock9 like this.
First

Back
229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238