Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Oct 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #288 of 1,472
So I went away and pondered, did a lot of research and read lots of reviews about the Z series Walkman instead of this F800 series for my bass needs. Is the difference gonna be night and day between the two? Because I'm sacrificing this slick design (which I'm very fond of, dem software buttons yo), updated specs and Android 4.1 firmware. I guess what I'm asking is will this provide the minimum of no distortion (especially with bass) and will the bass be nice enough that if I feel I need some more, Poweramp would do the job? And will that be good enough for me to not notice much difference and not regret my decision bass-wise to the Walkman Z1000 series? Cheers.

Nov 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #291 of 1,472
Hi all!

Just got my hand on some stuff from Japan today.

Think Sony has done a commendable job with this player. I have a bunch of DAP (ipod classic 120gb, Zune 80gb, nano7th gen), this one sound so much better from the very brief listening time I had with the NW-F887.

- The player itself is light and feels good to hold and the hardware buttons on the side of the device is very handy.
- It has a recording app (Japanese menu) which is limited to 320kbps,handy when you want to  record cassette tapes or MD's (recording cable WMC-NWR1 is needed). This cable is also used for the noise cancellation
  feature when using an external input.
- The bundled headphones are decent -  suited for the radio app and mp3 playback only.
- Transferred 24 bit 96/88.1/192khz flacs and they sound fantastic-  tried it with ue900 at a store and at half way volume slider  it got quite loud.
 On the look out for a travel friendly pair of headphone /IEM which will do justice to this player.

Cheers

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #293 of 1,472
  I'm thinking of doing the same....although I really want the ZX1 ! ( Patience, is not a strong point of mine ! )

As has been stated  before, there's no guarantee that the zx1 will be released in europe anyway.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #295 of 1,472
Hi all!

Just got my hand on some stuff from Japan today.

Think Sony has done a commendable job with this player. I have a bunch of DAP (ipod classic 120gb, Zune 80gb, nano7th gen), this one sound so much better from the very brief listening time I had with the NW-F887.

- The player itself is light and feels good to hold and the hardware buttons on the side of the device is very handy.
- It has a recording app (Japanese menu) which is limited to 320kbps,handy when you want to  record cassette tapes or MD's (recording cable WMC-NWR1 is needed). This cable is also used for the noise cancellation
  feature when using an external input.
- The bundled headphones are decent -  suited for the radio app and mp3 playback only.
- Transferred 24 bit 96/88.1/192khz flacs and they sound fantastic-  tried it with ue900 at a store and at half way volume slider  it got quite loud.
 On the look out for a travel friendly pair of headphone /IEM which will do justice to this player.

Cheers

Looks good so where did you buy it from? And how much did it cost you? Did you pay custom charges.

Nov 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #296 of 1,472
Looks good so where did you buy it from? And how much did it cost you? Did you pay custom charges.

asked  a friend visiting Japan to pick up my NW-F887 from the store, paid 39,800 JPY, so thankfully no customs and postage . However multiple stores were checked as the 64 gb version was sold out and finally was able to get hold of a white one in a store called Onoden in Akihabara.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #297 of 1,472
  asked  a friend visiting Japan to pick up my NW-F887 from the store, paid 39,800 JPY, so thankfully no customs and postage . However multiple stores were checked as the 64 gb version was sold out and finally was able to get hold of a white one in a store called Onoden in Akihabara.

Have you heard the old F and the Z?
If yes, could you please compare this to the two?
Also, could you please upload a screenshot of the recovery and check for any other booting modes other than the normal one?
This would be much appreciated.

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #298 of 1,472
And how does it compare to the A-84x series?

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #299 of 1,472
  Have you heard the old F and the Z?
If yes, could you please compare this to the two?
Also, could you please upload a screenshot of the recovery and check for any other booting modes other than the normal one?
This would be much appreciated.

I have not heard the old F and the Z, my last sony walkman was the mzr-50  (MD) which I still have and works  . I am not able to get the F-887 into recovery mode by the power and vol -/+ button combinations. Am I missing something?

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #300 of 1,472

I have not heard the old F and the Z, my last sony walkman was the mzr-50  (MD) which I still have and works  . I am not able to get the F-887 into recovery mode by the power and vol -/+ button combinations. Am I missing something?

Strange.
Are you familiar with ADB?
Or try using an app called ROM toolbox. It has an option to boot into recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back