Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Sep 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #106 of 1,472

That's the SonicStage successor? I've been wondering about that because I still use ATRAC with my PSP and the like, and know they still use the format in the homeland. Will have to check it out.

I hope they reveal whats to come of that prototype device there. otherwise I may consider the F series

Yup. I've been using it for a few years now since I have Japanese Walkmans. You just have to hack one install file to change language to get it to install. It's all in Japanese, but you're familiar with SS, you won't have a problem., and that's it.

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #112 of 1,472
I want to know more of this one:

the phileweb page say it is the F800 high end version.

EDIT:

It is the Walkman 35th Anniversary NWZ-ZX1.

From what I could filter in the interwebz, it is said to be out in Feb. 2014. I believe that this is one of those devices, where it will be difficult to get your hands on when it is out.

EDIT2: Actually in preparation for the PHA1 and now the PHA2, I bought an iPod Touch 4g 64GB. I will sell it. Today  iTunes one more time made me angry.

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #114 of 1,472
This is most encouraging as it proves the PMP market is far from dead. People are willing and appreciate the quality difference between a mobile phone and dedicated player. Now it's time for Cowon to release their wonder player.

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #115 of 1,472
Hey everyone the mystery walkman is the supposed 35th anniversary model due next year, from what I could estimate using the various photos from the show here are the dimensions

Width - 67-68mm
Height - 132-134mm
Screen size - 4.7inch

Very little info on it except that it is coming next year.

http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/prototype-walkman-at-ifa-2013.html

As for the new F series, a Japanese version is due soon, but I have no specifics, but should be before the end of the year.  Will be interesting if Sony JP decides to over multiple models again like the previous F. :)

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #116 of 1,472
It's the NWZ-ZX1 reportedly has over 250 Gb, no Android or wifi, and purly for highend audio only.

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #117 of 1,472

As for the new F series, a Japanese version is due soon, but I have no specifics, but should be before the end of the year.  Will be interesting if Sony JP decides to over multiple models again like the previous F. :)

Sony JApan usually releases the new Walkmans late Nov/early December - the Z10xx and F80x were out then I believe. The Z definitely 'cause I bought it myself at Bic Camera when it came out.

The new 35th flagship intrigures me. I assume with their new DSD stuff, it will support DSDIFF files, too. I'll wait; the new F is not something I'm craving. The 35th? Most likely, especially if it has 250GB+. If that is the case, we're probably talking closer to $1,000.

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #118 of 1,472
Now I'm interested after seeing the new 35th anniversary Z player.  I'm a sucker for Sony limited edition walkman releases....last I bought into was the Z 1070 white 64 gig edition and it's still awesome to this day for a casual DAP.  Thanks for providing the information thus far all.

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #119 of 1,472
250GB...... I'm gonna pass out
ksc75smile.gif

This is a must for me.
I held on with all these audiophile players coming out... but this is something I got to get!

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #120 of 1,472
Are you sure about the 250 GB?  If so, I'm saving up for this now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back