Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Sep 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #136 of 1,472

Anything with Tegra 2 usually has high output impedance and works like crap with IEMs.....so that's a bummer. 

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/STRDA9000ES_TWP.pdf 

I actually have this receiver and it sounds awesome.  Sony first developed the S-Master for this 4.5k Top-of-the-Line technology in the early 2000's and then scaled it down for X walkman several years back.  The F886 should be the third iterations of the S-master portable module.

I am not 100% sure, but the tegra 2 is just the processor. The magic happens in that S-Master Dx DAC/AMP...

I still cannot exclude high aoutput-Z, but it should not be because of that Tegra 2.

Yup, I'm in agreement with this.  Love the sound of my S-master pro amplifier.

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #137 of 1,472
  http://www.docs.sony.com/release/STRDA9000ES_TWP.pdf 

I actually have this receiver and it sounds awesome.  Sony first developed the S-Master for this 4.5k Top-of-the-Line technology in the early 2000's and then scaled it down for X walkman several years back.  The F886 should be the third iterations of the S-master portable module.

Yup, I'm in agreement with this.  Love the sound of my S-master pro amplifier.

Though it may have the slower processor, I am willing to replace both my Cowon D3 and the iTouch 64gb.

Do you may know when the release of this will be. I am googling around and cannot find that particular info.

Sep 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #138 of 1,472
Does it matter what processor & ram it has since most of us will be using it play music files?

With all walkman DAP I have never bothered to go into such great detail to play 320kbps files.

Its a walkman!

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #139 of 1,472
  Does it matter what processor & ram it has since most of us will be using it play music files?

With all walkman DAP I have never bothered to go into such great detail to play 320kbps files.

Its a walkman!

It's 24/192khz and along with the convolver running it'll become dead slow.

Sep 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #142 of 1,472

Its a walkman!

Not all of us are using it JUST for that, but I suppose I forget where I am.
rolleyes.gif
 A shame to be honest....

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #143 of 1,472
You can always use the extra Mhz and ram for EQ and other processing.

Sep 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #149 of 1,472
Plus Tegra 2 are slow as hell.

And it would be nice if it resembled Xperia hardware and have access to the already available sound mods, root and stuff from the Xperia family.

^THIS!
Rooting won't be hard to find now. The main problem is having a good recovery. The one on the current F and Z are just so limited.
If it's Tegra 2, I don't see anyone porting CWM onto the new F any time soon after the release.

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #150 of 1,472
Tegra 2? Seriously? Well... There goes my tech boner :l

Users who are viewing this thread

Back