Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Sep 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #77 of 1,472
Sep 6, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #79 of 1,472
  I really think Japan will see the 128GB version. They always seem to get one extra model. If Europe is getting 2, they are getting 3.

If so, Sony will be the first of any mfg to offer the 128 GB built-in flash memory.  It will be super pricey though as the 128 SD card is over $100.  Apple doesn't even offer one.  F888 will be extra cool given the model name.  I'm even more excited about the new F Series than my soon to be delivered ibasso DX-50.  I am glad that I didn't jump on the iRiver AK100 train.

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #80 of 1,472
If my wifi HDD test for my F807 works, then you don't really need to worry about internal storage.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #82 of 1,472
  Well, except for the bulk :p

For 1 TB and can be used as extra battery?  I can live with that, plus you can just leave it in your bag or something.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #83 of 1,472
I just installed Airstream on my Z and a Mac; you can play your music through wifi with no fiddling (MP3s and m4as only I think)... So no pressing need for tons of storage onboard the walkman anymore? I know this is the thread for the new F, but the same applies. I guess the only step which is missing is to upload your music to the cloud and be able to access it all.

Let me say this like a hipster: storage is so 2012 dudes!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #84 of 1,472
True, and I have it too. But the issue is that streaming require routing and it is not one to one; those wifi enable HDDs has one build in routing and work as ad hoc.

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #85 of 1,472
  Found a video... not in English though.

Really disappointed in this video.
UI looks the same for the Z & F as he swipes through the menus. It looks like a smaller Xperia Z.
Definitely has nice vivid colors like the android tablet.

Sound will be awesome as with any Sony products.

Is it worth to upgrade?

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #87 of 1,472
  Really disappointed in this video.
UI looks the same for the Z & F as he swipes through the menus. It looks like a smaller Xperia Z.
Definitely has nice vivid colors like the android tablet.

Sound will be awesome as with any Sony products.

Is it worth to upgrade?

If you don't have a F or Z or a DAP that does 24/192, sure;
If you are hell bent on getting an Android but for whatever reason doesn't want a phone, sure;
If you are a Sony fanboy, sure;
If you want to be different but still stay on the mainstream, sure;
If you think "Made in China" equals to garbage or may randomly explode, sure;
If you are reading this and thought to yourself "that's silly, I rather have my (whatever)", no. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #89 of 1,472
Im more interested in it for the battery life if its like they claim.  I like my F, but not too impressed with the battery life on it.

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #90 of 1,472
  Im more interested in it for the battery life if its like they claim.  I like my F, but not too impressed with the battery life on it.

I agree with you on the F's battery life. Extended run time like they are claiming would be a great improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back