Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Sep 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #96 of 1,472
  Really disappointed in this video.
UI looks the same for the Z & F as he swipes through the menus. It looks like a smaller Xperia Z.
Definitely has nice vivid colors like the android tablet.

Sound will be awesome as with any Sony products.

Is it worth to upgrade?

Sony updates their Walkman every year around this time and it's usually out by December. I got the Z1070, then the F807. I happened to be in Japan and picked up the Z1070 the day it came out. Like I've said in other places, the X/Z types (slightly bigger, somewhat better internals or screen, etc.) are done every few years. The F807 has all of the features but is smaller than the Z and sounds a bit different. The F88x is an evolution, so I would expect that if you're happy with  the current F80x and don't need 192/24 (or some high bitrate), upgrading is not necessary.

The Sony UI on their music players (be they dedicated like the older A or the Android-based Z or F) hasn't really changed in quite awhile.

I would hope that whatever the bigger Walkman is would support DSD (DSDIFF files, specifially). If so, I'd consider it. But I'm happy with the F807 for now unless for some odd reason Sony decides to give Japan 128GB - which I doubt.

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #97 of 1,472

Digital out? Or just part of the security cable?

That stands for "digital noise cancellation."   This feature is only reserve for Japanese units which was available since the X-series.

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #101 of 1,472
Sep 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #102 of 1,472

I use X-App (the newer version of SonicStage) since I use that to encode to ATRAC, but drag/drop, copy/paste works just fine.

That's the SonicStage successor? I've been wondering about that because I still use ATRAC with my PSP and the like, and know they still use the format in the homeland. Will have to check it out.

I hope they reveal whats to come of that prototype device there. otherwise I may consider the F series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back