WA22 internal pictures?
Nov 19, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 92
+1

Would like to see some internals as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 92
I've been asking to see internal pictures of the WA22 for a while now. Someone please take some!

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 92
Jan 6, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 92
One of the most clean and well done internals I've seen. Far better than SingleP*WER

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Runkby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone tried it with the treasure tubes he offers as an upgrade ?

That was anwsered on WA22 tube rolling thread

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #11 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Runkby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone tried it with the treasure tubes he offers as an upgrade ?

Seems to have a diverse opinion on this tube. Some people like it very much and others don't..

It's an expensive tube to just try out though..

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 92
Jan 24, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #13 of 92

By the way, why is not pin 1 connected in 3-pin XLR outputs?

Really unbelievable!

A "fully balanced" amp with a single ended outup stage directly connected to the XLR connectors. Very good and clean amplification design with a very odd output stage solution. What a shame, I'm sorry for the people that bought this amp looking forward to have the best of their balanced-cable refurbished headphones and finally they realize that they wasted their money.

My deepest sympathies.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #14 of 92
You're joking, right?  The amp output is indeed balanced, when using a balanced input. 

The reason only 2 pins are used on each 3-pin XLR is that each channel (aka driver) of a headphone only uses two wires.  Perhaps you should read up on how balanced/bridged headphones work, before bashing something that you clearly know nothing about? 

Quote:

Really unbelievable! A "fully balanced" amp with a single ended outup stage directly connected to the XLR connectors. Very good and clean amplification design with a very odd output stage solution. What a shame, I'm sorry for the people that bought this amp looking forward to have the best of their balanced-cable refurbished headphones and finally they realize that they wasted their money. My deepest sympathies.

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #15 of 92
Quote:
Really unbelievable! A "fully balanced" amp with a single ended outup stage directly connected to the XLR connectors. Very good and clean amplification design with a very odd output stage solution. What a shame, I'm sorry for the people that bought this amp looking forward to have the best of their balanced-cable refurbished headphones and finally they realize that they wasted their money. My deepest sympathies.

I guess everyone has a "foot in a mouth" moment in their life. This is yours. Treat it carefully and with respect :)
As above poster mentioned, you are looking at the left and right XLR outputs for the balanced headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back