W5000 have landed!
Dec 5, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #31 of 278
Thanks for the pics gurus and akwok. I had no problems viewing them and they all came up quickly. The wood grain is really beautiful, and it's quite a nice flight case. I'm not too crazy about the looks of the headband (very plain and boring), but that's no big deal and they probably designed it to have an understated look to make sure that it didn't take attention away from the woody ear cups. If only I know someone in Japan!
cool.gif

Dec 5, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #33 of 278
Thanks for the pics gurus and akwok. I had no problems viewing them and they all came up quickly. The wood grain is really beautiful, and it's quite a nice flight case. I'm not too crazy about the looks of the headband (very plain and boring), but that's no big deal and they probably designed it to have an understated look to make sure that it didn't take attention away from the woody ear cups. If only I know someone in Japan!
cool.gif

Dec 5, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #34 of 278
What the hell is wrong with the forums? I am only posting this once (we'll see how many show up).

Dec 5, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #35 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
"I think they are more neutral and open than the L3000.!
Tho totally different sound! I personally think they are better! But very very initial impressions."

Wow, that's extremely promising! The wood grain on that particular set is also the nicest of all the ones so far. I was initially not as big of a fan of the look of these phones, but they have grown on me tremendously in the past couple of weeks. Looking forward to futher impressions.

Dec 5, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #36 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
What the hell is wrong with the forums? I am only posting this once (we'll see how many show up).

When I posted initially, I got an error message, so I went back and tried again, same thing. Then I tried it from a different browser window, then waited for several minutes and tried again. Then when I finally got the post to go through, there it was 5 or 6 times. Now I'm trying to sue my moderator tools to delete my extra posts and that takes me into never-neverland as well.

Oh well, I'm sure all will be back to business as usual in no time... no biggie.

Dec 5, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #38 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Now I'm trying to sue my moderator tools to delete my extra posts and that takes me into never-neverland as well.

when attorneys become moderators I guess they sue things when they don't work.
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #39 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Now I'm trying to sue my moderator tools to delete my extra posts and that takes me into never-neverland as well. .

if they offer a cash settlement, take it.
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #41 of 278
THOSE ARE SEXY
biggrin.gif
post impressions asap =P

Dec 5, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #42 of 278
Sitting here, Listening, Ordered Friday, Here now, Air Supply-Here I Am/Lionel Richie-Hello/Nana Mouskouri-And I Love You So: big bass slam, forward, shrill highs, nice instrument separation, musical, nice soundstage, very Audio-Technica. All this with 20 minutes out of the box.Highs are in need of breakin. Lots.
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #43 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Sitting here, Listening, Ordered Friday, Here now, Air Supply-Here I Am/Lionel Richie-Hello/Nana Mouskouri-And I Love You So: big bass slam, forward, shrill highs, nice instrument separation, musical, nice soundstage, very Audio-Technica. All this with 20 minutes out of the box.Highs are in need of breakin. Lots.

Ken, you are my Hero! It's well past midnight in Finland so I don't think we are getting any more impressions from gurus today. But keep us posted as things develop during the day!

Dec 5, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #44 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
biggrin.gif

L3000 comparisions?
redface.gif
Eeep.. shrill highs
frown.gif

I am very close to ordering a pair too now.. seems like they would compliment the 3Ks very well (leaning more towards analytical than musical).

Dec 5, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #45 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
L3000 comparisions?
redface.gif
Eeep.. shrill highs
frown.gif

I am very close to ordering a pair too now.. seems like they would compliment the 3Ks very well (leaning more towards analytical than musical).

Aww don't cwy.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back