W5000 have landed!
May 15, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #271 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Ok my OWN pair finally arrived today. It needs little burn in but it sounds very good straight out of box.

I took a couple of pictures of them. You can check the pics from here.

Well done Patu, they are really great cans. Enjoy them.
Let us know how you get on with them and the RP5.1

May 25, 2006 at 9:35 AM Post #272 of 278
I just read through all posts here and it seems alot of people who got the W5000 and posted in this thread sold it again already. Could you guys please tell what made you sell the W5000 and go for another headphone of your choice?
My GF told me to keep my headphone profile down and stick with only 1 "big" headphone in the future.. I think the K701 & A900LTD complement each other very well and its hard to give up one of them. So i'm currently thinking of the W5000 as a solution
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2006 at 10:05 AM Post #273 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by bizkid
My GF told me to keep my headphone profile down and stick with only 1 "big" headphone in the future.. I think the K701 & A900LTD complement each other very well and its hard to give up one of them. So i'm currently thinking of the W5000 as a solution
biggrin.gif

So your GF tells you what you can do or can't do? Not good man, not good...
wink.gif

May 25, 2006 at 11:05 AM Post #275 of 278
Quote:

I just read through all posts here and it seems alot of people who got the W5000 and posted in this thread sold it again already. Could you guys please tell what made you sell the W5000 and go for another headphone of your choice?

I haven't sold mine yet, but I'm going to. Most people just wanted to try the sound out with knowledge they can sell it for not much less than they paid for it. It's a rather unique headphone that doesn't fit into any of the established price brackets. Personally, I didn't like the sound much, but there's plenty who would disagree with me on that one.

Quote:

biggrin.gif

A W5000 is no cheaper than having both a K701 and a A900LTD...

May 25, 2006 at 11:20 AM Post #276 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
I haven't sold mine yet, but I'm going to. Most people just wanted to try the sound out with knowledge they can sell it for not much less than they paid for it. It's a rather unique headphone that doesn't fit into any of the established price brackets. Personally, I didn't like the sound much, but there's plenty who would disagree with me on that one.

A W5000 is no cheaper than having both a K701 and a A900LTD...

Yeah dont tell me.. Womans logic
rolleyes.gif
Anyway she surely wont ever get to know how much the W5000 cost incase i get it
biggrin.gif

What didnt you like with the W5000?

May 25, 2006 at 11:29 AM Post #277 of 278
Quote:

Anyway she surely wont ever get to know how much the W5000 cost incase i get it
biggrin.gif

Good on ya mate.

Quote:

What didnt you like with the W5000?

Ever driven a diesel powered car? If you have, you'll know they {well, generally speaking) have as much power as a standard petrol engined car, but rather than the power being spread rather evenly across the power band, it all hits you in one big lump. To me, that is the sound signature of the W5000.

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #278 of 278
Looks like they may not be selling them in the US anymore. Very few available on American sites from what I can tell. Up to $1000 on Amazon and not being sold by HeadRoom.

Wonder if a new flagship will be arriving soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back