W1000 Now At Audio Cubes!
Nov 16, 2002 at 6:46 AM Post #61 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I guess lots of TLC and caution will be words to live by for thoe who take the plunge and get these cans!!!!!!!!!!!!

heh, most certainly for me. i've been a bit rough with my akg's this past week.. a glass case with a lock would be needed
tongue.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 6:47 AM Post #62 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
hells yeah the W1000 are damn sexy!!!

[drool]

f_audiotechnica_athw1000.jpg

[/drool]

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Daaaaaaaayummm! I've seen it before, but still, drool is right!

And to think that not too long ago I would laugh at the thought of paying anything over $200 for a headphone....

Nov 16, 2002 at 2:58 PM Post #63 of 195
HI: the plug seems to be a 1/4 rather that a mini plug . I wounder if its an adapter or a 1/4 put on the can.

Nov 16, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #65 of 195
kin3tix
HI: Thanks man for that info. I guess I will follow the A1000 that seems to have the mini plug.

Nov 16, 2002 at 9:55 PM Post #66 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by AdamP88
Daaaaaaaayummm! I've seen it before, but still, drool is right!

And to think that not too long ago I would laugh at the thought of paying anything over $200 for a headphone....

OK, I know I said I wouldn't purchase any more full size cans, but I just couldn't help myself. I just ordered a pair of these...

What's wrong with me?????

eek.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #67 of 195
hmm, how many more will give in to these beauties? i don't know what's wrong with you rick
tongue.gif
, but please keep us informed of your experiences with the W1000 when you have them burned in
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:00 PM Post #68 of 195
RickG
HI RICK. What do you do with the 1/4 plug if your amp has a mini plug hole. To use an adapter really makes the plug big and puts more strain on the amp hole. So whats the answer to this issue?

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:03 PM Post #69 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
RickG
HI RICK. What do you do with the 1/4 plug if your amp has a mini plug hole. To use an adapter really makes the plug big and puts more strain on the amp hole. So whats the answer to this issue?

Lou, I'll be using these cans with my EarMax Pro which takes a 1/4 inch phone plug.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:41 PM Post #71 of 195
Quote:

I saw that you changed your sig also, LOL.

What did you do to help, buy stuff, or stop buying stuff??????? Judging from post here you got better after buying the W1000!! So the cure is more!! Not abstain.

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:51 PM Post #72 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
What did you do to help, buy stuff, or stop buying stuff??????? Judging from post here you got better after buying the W1000!! So the cure is more!! Not abstain.

LOL, Doug. I really have been having a hard time with some respiratory funk for the past few weeks. I'm finally able to see the light at the end of the tunnel...(not hacking as much). However, I think that buying the new AT phones probably helped at least as much as a new batch of antibiotics!

wink.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:55 PM Post #73 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
LOL, Doug. I really have been having a hard time with some respiratory funk for the past few weeks. I'm finally able to see the light at the end of the tunnel...(not hacking as much). However, I think that buying the new AT phones probably helped at least as much as a new batch of antibiotics!

wink.gif

I get it!! The hope of listening to a new set of cans was the impetus you needed to get better!!!
biggrin.gif

I hear ya with that respiratoy junk, I have pretty bad asthma, thanks so Saddam, and live at 10,000ft up in the Andes mountains!!!! Needless to say I get into shape pretty quickly after arriving, it's knid of a survival thing.

Nov 16, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #74 of 195
Quote:

f_audiotechnica_athw1000.jpg

Whoa!

IMO, they look equal to or better than the W2002 depending on taste or mood. How much are they selling for? After the fancy travel case and the hand applied lacquer I think the W2002 is a +/- $400. headphone.

Hopefully they have real leather pads. The pads on the W100 sucked!

Nov 16, 2002 at 11:21 PM Post #75 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
Whoa!

IMO, they look equal to or better than the W2002 depending on taste or mood. How much are they selling for? After the fancy travel case and the hand applied lacquer I think the W2002 is a +/- $400. headphone.

Hopefully they have real leather pads. The pads on the W100 sucked!

Piggy, with the $18.00 shipping charge, my total came to $357.00. I'm with you, I hope they have decent pads.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back