W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Aug 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #2,086 of 3,914
Fave lines are quoted

Fantastic Four I

"My style's like AIDS cuz don't nobody want it"

Fantastic Four II

"Imma let out your brains everywhere so you can share your thoughts"

Hitmen

"Welcome to the league, the game is catching bodies, uniform is fatigues"

Salute Me

"I got *punchlines* for this b***, they just *call girls*"

Lastly, Kendrick response

"I ain't defending no coast or region, I'm supposed to beat them/
it's open season, i'm close to heathens when I roast a Vegan/
cuz we ain't close to beefing, I choke and beat him/
until his throat and chest is close to bleeding, [they] won't know the reason/"

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2,087 of 3,914
Celph Titled has some awesome one liners, one that really stuck out to me when I heard it was this one on clap.

"Locked in the bing, I'm sticking CO's with oxes, should have been a postal worker, putting PO's in boxes" >.<

I adore the Gatalog

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #2,088 of 3,914

Random (Mega Ran) and Lost Perception - Cry of the Planet

Schaffer the Darklord - the Rappist  

enjoy the lyrics.

Digital gangsta....lol

ytcracker - downloadupload 

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2,089 of 3,914
^^^^^^^^^FFVII vids win in my book.

I think my favorite verses off of Sadistik's new album and overall some of the most beautiful imagery I've heard is off the tracks "A Long Winter" ft Ceschi

"I'm not certain if I'm a brush stroke on the canvas
I'm scratching all my love poems on a matchstick
And when it catches the smoke becomes letters
And it floats on forever 'til the sun grows romantic

Also from the track "Russian Roulette" ft Cage and Yes Alexander:

"No disrespect but the real love doesn't show
'til I kiss your neck and my steel tongue cuts your throat

Love the play on the term "silver tongue".

Aug 16, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #2,091 of 3,914
Kristoff Krane & Sadistik freestyle, love me some non battle-rap!  Also, Sadistik freestyling reminds me a ton of El-P.  I know I'm hyping this guy but damn I really do think he's that good.

...I have no idea who dresses that third random dude but I'd like to have that style.

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #2,093 of 3,914
Sorry SF, I think your dream girls are just regular idols using fake hip-hop beats to do family friendly twerking

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #2,094 of 3,914
Aug 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #2,095 of 3,914
Quote:
http://mp3ape.com/mp3/tech-n9ne-ft-liz-suwandi-love-2-dislike-me.html

Mix of rap and metal. Man, never found a song that sounds this engaging.

Not bad not bad, this is Tech n9nes unique appeal no doubt.

Quote:
Sorry SF, I think your dream girls are just regular idols using fake hip-hop beats to do family friendly twerking

AND what is wrong with that??? Lovin' every second of this clusterbangbang. The end fam friendly twerking row, YES YES YES!!! MORE PLEASE!!!
popcorn.gif

Quote:
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/08/papoose-on-his-kendrick-response-verse-if-you-disrespect-new-york-i-disrespect-you/

Yes, Papoose, Papoose, Pa-Poose

Kendrick Response but more like a true diss record though. I love it, expresses so many things of how I feel Kendrick's music is like and pretty much spot on too. And as expected, the real rappers will feel disrespected and respond the only way they know how.

"Every time I hear ya, you get *cornier* like E-Y-E"

I really hope K.Dot responds to ALL of these responses. Cuz if he does it's finna be so good. Great for Hip Hop overall, but not so sure about his career.
ksc75smile.gif
I am sure it's a WIN WIN for all the parties involved. Lets just hope no one gets killed over this, but those violent days seems to be longggg gone though. Waiting for that ULTIMATE ETHER to finally settle all this. haha
ph34r.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #2,096 of 3,914
Opinions on Hoodie Allen? I just cannot see why everybody loves him... He just seems to be this preppy rapper that is appealing to girls and young boys who wouldn't be listening to rap otherwise(which is probably my answer right there).. That is just my opinion, but in my eyes, from the music of his that I have heard it just seems to be a joke. 

And then on top of that, it seems half of the people listening to it want to bring up race like that matters.. Saying how he needs to rap with Eminem and how Mac Miller is such a bad rapper and so on comparing him to any and every white rapper...

I...Just....Don't....Get....It...

Might as well throw this in also, opinions on Mac Miller? I think he is a pretty awesome rapper with some cool songs, but I feel like its almost like Lil Wayne how people on the internet just love to hate him at times when most probably haven't sat back and listened to all/a lot of his stuff (especially when it's something as ignorant and pointless as comparing him to someone else just because they are white)

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #2,097 of 3,914
Quote:
Opinions on Hoodie Allen? I just cannot see why everybody loves him... He just seems to be this preppy rapper that is appealing to girls and young boys who wouldn't be listening to rap otherwise(which is probably my answer right there).. That is just my opinion, but in my eyes, from the music of his that I have heard it just seems to be a joke. 

And then on top of that, it seems half of the people listening to it want to bring up race like that matters.. Saying how he needs to rap with Eminem and how Mac Miller is such a bad rapper and so on comparing him to any and every white rapper...

I...Just....Don't....Get....It...

Might as well throw this in also, opinions on Mac Miller? I think he is a pretty awesome rapper with some cool songs, but I feel like its almost like Lil Wayne how people on the internet just love to hate him at times when most probably haven't sat back and listened to all/a lot of his stuff (especially when it's something as ignorant and pointless as comparing him to someone else just because they are white)

Had to google him, not even in my radar lol. He sounds like drake, more singing than rap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next are gems for me since I wasn't in the same time DJ Clue was hitting the mixtapes. For those that don't know, DJ Clue was the Khaled of the 90s except he had good rappers in his mixtapes.

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #2,098 of 3,914
^ Never heard of Hoodie Allen as well. Checked out some of his stuff on da' tube and he's not bad. Like Drake/ Bieber/ 'Nsync combo. haha Definitely more pop than rap but it's pretty decent pop rap. I would consider Mac Miller more "hip hop" but not really a fan of his music. Yelawolf is a higher caliber MC than than Mac Miller that's for sure, but again not my style so......

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #2,100 of 3,914
^ I enjoyed Ludas acting in Fast Furious movies.
tongue_smile.gif

Wish they have a better quality of this song on Da' tube, but this track is what i use to check for how deep the sub bass goes with my gears. There is a good amount of sub/ mid bass quantity from even the initial seconds of the song, with tons of micro details/ nuances in the beat. Only decent gears are able to reproduce it all in a satisfactory manner for me.

Regarding the Vsonic VC02s, let me quote myself again:
Quote:
Those VC02 sounds pretty good, they are kinda thin/ artificial sounding and a bit analytical straight from my crappy 4th gen iPod nano, but once hooked up to the Venturecraft amp/dac there is better weight to the notes and better bass texture/ impact. Really liking this combo cuz i have heard the Sony XBA-3s before and these VC02 can more than hang with them esp. via the Venturecraft amp.  These VC02 scales nicely with more power so i am glad that the Venturecraft amp is able to make this happen.
Pretty different sounding from the gr07 BEs and VSD1's due to it being a Balanced Armature iem, but they are pretty damn good for what it is.

Turns out i was wrong, these VC02s are single mirco driver iems and not Balanced Armatures which makes them even more awesome. Lets see how Twinkie hears his.

And yes i am talking about this OG Venturecraft iphone amp/dac. 

... SWAG!!!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back