W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Jan 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #46 of 3,914
Quote:
^ Hey Cash welcome to our T.H.C party, inhale deeply and get comfy. Get yo' eargasmic high on.
L3000.gif

THC? 

Tremendous Headphone Club?

I think yes. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #47 of 3,914
Quote:
THC? 

Tremendous Headphone Club?

I think yes. 
wink_face.gif

That's what i meant to say. Since this is the Troll Headphone Club, even better than my original "Troll Headquarter Central" one WOOT WOOT, man you are a genius!!!
biggrin.gif

edit: blue scholars are legit, even though i am not a huge fan. Hey you like "Common Market" much??? Same PD as Blue me thinks.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #48 of 3,914
Quote:
That's what i meant to say. Since this is the Troll Headphone Club, even better than my original "Troll Headquarter Central" one WOOT WOOT, man you are a genius!!!
biggrin.gif

edit: blue scholars are legit, even though i am not a huge fan. Hey you like "Common Market" much??? Same PD as Blue me thinks.

Never heard of 'em, I'm listening right now to "Trouble Is".

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #52 of 3,914
Speaking of Crooked I, Horseshoe Gang are very good too and they've done some collabs.

Track about not letting real hip hop die and selling out.

One of my all time faves is old Outkast. Aquemini is still one of my fav albums, relistening to their album now with better headphones.  I miss their work.  It seemed like Big Boi continued rapping and Andre 3000 decided do acting.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #53 of 3,914
Quote:
^ One word:
...................hohohohohohohoho.

By all means Danny, this was never meant to be a serious thread and we need to keep that Troll Headquarter Central (T.H.C) rep meng. Get Blazed! And just have fun with it.
cool.gif

edit: oh and i dig them door/ wedding bells in that beat, real classy.
biggrin.gif

you finally got that gif to work...how to do it?

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #54 of 3,914
Quote:
you finally got that gif to work...how to do it?

Let the Master Troll teach you my young Kami grasshiphopa'. That dusty hip hop gif never worked properly in that old "Rap Sucks" thread?
confused_face_2.gif

Or are you talking about it's effectiveness for others to get the joke??? Cuz Danny got great taste and you don't that's why!
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #57 of 3,914
But seriously, I think true rap has gone full circle to become an underground act. Nowadays wannabe thugs rule the air, and true artists get little play time. Even the "gangsta rap" of today can't hold a candle to the lyrical genius of Biggie Smalls, Tupac, 50 Cent (his very first album. He fell off after that).

For me the best rap album of last year (2012) was Undun by The Roots. That album embodied the spirit that gave birth to the genre. Second was Mackelmore's The Heist. Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was also a highlight of 2011.

Hopefully we'll see true rap and hip hop make a comeback

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #60 of 3,914
Well, I guess I should drop in and write a list of some of my favorite artists/albums in hip-hop.

Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers)
Notorious B.I.G. (Ready to Die)
Tech N9ne (Damn near everything this guy does; he has unbelievable technical skills and is pretty clever, lyrically)
Eminem (Slim Shady LP - The Eminem Show)
The Roots (Illadelph Halflife, Phrenology, Undun, Wake Up w/ John Legend)
Leaders of the New School
Busta Rhymes
Black Star
Mos Def
A Tribe Called Quest
Common
Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek (Reflections Eternal)
Home MADE Kazoku (Japanese hip-hop)
nobodyknows+ (Japanese hip-hop)
Beastie Boys (Licensed To Ill, Ill Communication)
MC Frontalot

There are more that I can't think of right at the moment, but there's a pretty solid start to my list. This is some of my favorite music on the planet and I'm exposing myself to more and more of it every year. Mostly some older (80s-90s) stuff, but not all of the modern albums are bad news.

Oh, I guess that I should also add information about my favorite hip-hop headphones. I listen primarily through T50RP Mad Dogs. These are the most neutral headphones I've ever owned, so they can handle both the bass and the mids present in hip-hop with authority; hip-hop has never sounded better to me. I also have Heir Audio 4.As for portable use and for situations that benefit from the maximum possible amount of isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back