W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Mar 18, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #3,683 of 3,914
  action bronson's first major label debut album comes out march 25th.  i'm looking forward to that.  when i first heard him, i thought he was going to be a novelty white rapper.  but he's turned into one of my favorite modern rappers.  and he's got a food show on youtube/vice tv called  F*&%* That's Delicious, and it's my favorite show on youtube too.  check him out if you got time.  

Definitely excited for this, looking forward to many food references.

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #3,686 of 3,914
  Sick (replying to linglingjr).

At the same time though, when it comes to technicality, it's hard to match/beat Shady Records (Slaughterhouse, Yelawolf, and of course, Eminem). Again, the focus here is on technicality.

LOL it's so funny that you post that! I agree it's great, but those dudes that I posted also did this during the same session.  I thought this was funny AF and I'm surprised I forgot to post it originally:
]

Totally appropriate for the CXVPHER thing 
biggrin.gif
   but I'd have to say I prefer emotion and substance in music over technical ability, not only in lyrics but even in classical I'd rather hear a crazy sounding arrangement than a perfectly accurate performance of the same piece that might be dry and boring. I'm not a fan of freestyling/rap battles, but this literally had me laughing out loud at 2:25 and yeah I guess I'm a huge eyedea fanboy:

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #3,687 of 3,914
  LOL it's so funny that you post that! I agree it's great, but those dudes that I posted also did this during the same session.  I thought this was funny AF and I'm surprised I forgot to post it originally:
]

Totally appropriate for the CXVPHER thing 
biggrin.gif
   but I'd have to say I prefer emotion and substance in music over technical ability, not only in lyrics but even in classical I'd rather hear a crazy sounding arrangement than a perfectly accurate performance of the same piece that might be dry and boring. I'm not a fan of freestyling/rap battles, but this literally had me laughing out loud at 2:25 and yeah I guess I'm a huge eyedea fanboy:

Haha, that is actually pretty funny (mocking Em), but that's where we differ in taste. I love substance as much as anyone seriously involved in rap, but when it comes to freestyles, technicality matters more to me. It's just the pure art of juggling syllables. Personally, it's a lot easier to take time and come up with poetic end rhymes with substance during freestyles than making everything rhyme sensibly. The stream of consciousness of course has its downsides, but the fun part of freestyling, again for me, is the technical rhyming.

Now, when it comes to actually writing poetry, that's a completely different story.

P.S. Been a big fan of Eyedea, also. R.I.P.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #3,688 of 3,914
  Absolutely game changing hip hop album. I expected something amazing from Kendrick as always, but this... WOW.

K-Dot is that dude, a game changing artist.

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #3,689 of 3,914
i tried to listen to kendrick's new album.  i just can't do it.  he raps in that gremlin voice and i just can't handle his delivery.  can't do it.  maybe i'll give it another try, but i've tried several times already.  just like eminem.  i respect his craft, but just don't like the sound of his voice/style. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #3,690 of 3,914
I listened to it once, I can't listen to it again. Sonically boring IMO, there are better conscious rap albums out there that sounds better than Kendrick's effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back