W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Apr 14, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3,318 of 3,914
what kind of headphones yall use when listening to hip hop?

I use the beats by dre headphones which are okay but isnt worth the price tbh

open to suggestions 
normal_smile .gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #3,320 of 3,914
HE-500 at home UM PRO30 elsewhere. I have found lugging a fullsized headphone around is annoying and smaller ones just aren't good enough sound wise.

Why did you went with beats and what do you want from a headphone? Need more info for recs

what kind of headphones yall use when listening to hip hop?

I use the beats by dre headphones which are okay but isnt worth the price tbh

open to suggestions 
normal_smile .gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #3,321 of 3,914
  HE-500 at home UM PRO30 elsewhere. I have found lugging a fullsized headphone around is annoying and smaller ones just aren't good enough sound wise.

Why did you went with beats and what do you want from a headphone? Need more info for recs

Before I was using the apple ipod earbuds (which at the time one of them wasnt working lol) but one of my friends who had beats by dre solos/studios gave me his solos cause hes the homie 
smily_headphones1.gif

i dont really have any requirements just as long as the quality is A1 and it isnt to pricey. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #3,323 of 3,914
locksmith and dizzy wright dropped new albums today, well locksmith will shortly, and anyone who hasn't heard run the jewels newest EP (self entitled run the jewels) needs to http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/run-the-jewels-run-the-jewels#stream. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #3,324 of 3,914

Before I was using the apple ipod earbuds (which at the time one of them wasnt working lol) but one of my friends who had beats by dre solos/studios gave me his solos cause hes the homie 
smily_headphones1.gif

i dont really have any requirements just as long as the quality is A1 and it isnt to pricey. 

^
Check the ATH WS99 if you can find them for cheap, great full size bass centric cans, just too bad no detachable cables.

Or you can get the Martin Logan 90s portables for like $50 something that does the entire sonic spectrum justice, but you would need quality sources to get the best/most outta' them sadly. Not really a bassy can per se, but i listen to all my hip hop with them hooked via my FiiO E17 dac and Schiit Vali amp and they sound freaken AMAZING!!!
L3000.gif

ok, so what is pricey to you? 300, 200 ... 100?

+1

on ear, full size over ears, open back, semi- open back??? You gots to be mo' specific meng.

locksmith and dizzy wright dropped new albums today, well locksmith will shortly, and anyone who hasn't heard run the jewels newest EP (self entitled run the jewels) needs to http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/run-the-jewels-run-the-jewels#stream. 

^ LATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! On Run The Jewels, even later than me. LMAO

Their 2nd LP or EP is gonna' come out this year, HYPED!!!

Oh and it seem Logics album is gonna be out soon as well. HYPED X2

Though this random free track is kinda' meh. Hope his album is TOP QUALITY. Will buy and support if so, can't say the same for new Lupe tbh. haha

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #3,325 of 3,914
  ^
Check the ATH WS99 if you can find them for cheap, great full size bass centric cans, just too bad no detachable cables.

Or you can get the Martin Logan 90s portables for like $50 something that does the entire sonic spectrum justice, but you would need quality sources to get the best/most outta' them sadly. Not really a bassy can per se, but i listen to all my hip hop with them hooked via my FiiO E17 dac and Schiit Vali amp and they sound freaken AMAZING!!!
L3000.gif

+1

on ear, full size over ears, open back, semi- open back??? You gots to be mo' specific meng.

^ LATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! On Run The Jewels, even later than me. LMAO

Their 2nd LP or EP is gonna' come out this year, HYPED!!!

Oh and it seem Logics album is gonna be out soon as well. HYPED X2

Though this random free track is kinda' meh. Hope his album is TOP QUALITY. Will buy and support if so, can't say the same for new Lupe tbh. haha

I picked up run the jewels last EP( r.a.p music?) and rtj was on my list but I just forgot, finally got around to it yesterday. Very good hahaha. Yeah i'll wait till it drops to judge it, they all do that now, release one song soon before its out. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #3,326 of 3,914

. I picked up run the jewels last EP( r.a.p music?) and rtj was on my list but I just forgot, finally got around to it yesterday. Very good hahaha.

^ R.A.P MUSIC was a Killer Mike solo project with El-P as the producer, while R.T.Js was a joint collaboration with both of them on the w/raps and El-P on the beats, so there is a diff meng.

Yeppp it has been recommended MANY MANY tyme here when it was 1st released but i only got to it like during last Christmas. LMAO

But your noob arse is even later than me. haha : P

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #3,327 of 3,914

^ R.A.P MUSIC was a Killer Mike solo project with El-P as the producer, while R.T.Js was a joint collaboration with both of them on the w/raps and El-P on the beats, so there is a diff meng.

Yeppp it has been recommended MANY MANY tyme here when it was 1st released but i only got to it like during last Christmas. LMAO

But your noob arse is even later than me. haha : P

I didn't go through this thread and read it all :p. Well excuse me, been while since I listened to that as well, I forgot. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #3,329 of 3,914
At 200, I can only think of the K601

I ain't too good with open and budget headphones but just under 300 try a DT880 or an AD900X, HD598, or a 701. Just over 300, get one of those modded T50RPs or better a, HE400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back