W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Apr 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #3,337 of 3,914
  My younger brother's first music video below. Shot and edited by my sister. Seriously.

^
1st thing 1st, there's Brack people on head-fi??? : P

Anywho man your Bro and sis got some nice skittles, like the trap-esque beat change up at the end, cuz it gives it nice balance with the 1st more old school type of sound/ flow with the newer mo' fun new school styles.

Tell your Bro to get on some of the beats from this Hi-Lite album tbh, ish bangs, and i am sure he can kill it. Been relistening to it lately and can't get enough of it, plus Korean/ American hip hop has been pretty dead of late tbh.

Man this beat is catchy as frack,  hood repping bonafide banger right herrr!!!

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/5/58/100x100px-LS-58307f56_1619222_772411706120971_1280005252_n.jpeg[/img]
  1. KamijoIsMyHero
  2. badge_1000.v3499439622.png

tell your little brother to keep it up

^
+ 100000000000000000000000

Anywho one a semi related note,  since Bball is ma' game and hip hop is my jam, anyone besides me think the recent BS NBA racism thing is a bunch of bollocks??? I mean the old fart is a fossil and is a rich elitist, so no schitt that he said what he said. Plus his gold digger obviously tried to set him up with those questions in their PRIVATE conversation for recording sake. 

I listened to that ~10 min audio clip in full, think that is the full one and what the fool said as pretty mild. Pointing out racism is still alive today is like saying the sky is blue LoL, everyone is "racist" to a certain cuz we ALL have prejudices and is ignorant of others/ their cultures in one way or another. There is this term called "heuristics" which are basically short cuts we all use to make conclusions based on the limited info/ knowledge we have based on surface experiences, etc. Guess what i am trying to say we are all "racist" to a certain extent, maybe ignorant is the better word cuz if you tell me you don't have any prejudices towards anyone/group i call bull. It's just to what extent those prejudices manifests tbh. 

Corporate media is blowing this thing wayyyyy outta' context/ proportion like they always do, and if the racist old fart loses his franchise cuz of this lil' fiasco, it is gonna be a dangerous precedent.  Just let the free market settle this cuz what's the best way to may him pay then boycotting his games and make him lose his $$$$$$$$$$$$$$s. But lamo political correct NBA is probably gonna do something stupid cuz of all the media hype/ pressure by making an example of the old fart. This is a dangerous weapon if that happens cuz freedom of speech/ expression is on one the line. Maybe it's just me but i would rather know if someone is racist or not and give them freedom to express those sentiments than closeted ones cuz isn't there a saying that knowing your enemy is half of the battle??? 

/rant

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #3,338 of 3,914
Pretty hard to defend a racist mentality. Freedom of speech is not good enough of a case at least in my opinion.

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #3,339 of 3,914
  Pretty hard to defend a racist mentality. Freedom of speech is not good enough of a case at least in my opinion.

^
Pisssssh as expected from a Canned mofo, ya'll are still under the rule of the queen so whatcha' know about "freedom of speech." :wink:

And who's defending the fossil, it's just EVERYONE should have a right to express what they really think/feel. Just let society be the judge of what is kosher or not. You can't take away someones business/$$$$$$$$$s just cuz they are a "racist", not by force anyways. LMAO

Like i be saying let the free market do its thang, since his name/rep has already be ruined. Boycott his franchise and make him hurt financially and he'll resign himself, no need to force him out by fiat.

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #3,340 of 3,914
It is ironic to be a racist and still own a franchise that will inevitably predominantly black. The action by Silver is the right one as it takes away all association of a racist from the NBA. It actually fits in your request for letting society determine his fate as the society will no doubt not be in support of Sterling's association with the NBA.

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #3,341 of 3,914
  It is ironic to be a racist and still own a franchise that will inevitably predominantly black. The action by Silver is the right one as it takes away all association of a racist from the NBA. It actually fits in your request for letting society determine his fate as the society will no doubt not be in support of Sterling's association with the NBA.

^
Ironic indeed but lyfe is ironic soooooo, and since money is involved..................

This has many many parallels with hip hop and the music industry as well with genres that are considered as "Black" people music. We all know who runs the corporate music world, especially in the days of hip hops early inception which is still true these days. So why you think only the most negative aspects of this genre is OVER emphasized on MTV/ mainstream culture???

AnyWAY peps like Kanye, Spike Lee has all made overtly "racist" comments as well, but they didn't get flak for it. No one should get a pass regardless of who you are/ what race you are. PERIOD.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #3,343 of 3,914

^
1st thing 1st, there's Brack people on head-fi??? : P

Haha, we're everywhere!

Thanks for the nice words. I'm sure he'll keep it up as he's completely obsessed. My parents are trying to get him to change up his lyrics a bit to be more reflective of his actual life experiences but don't want to discourage him. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #3,344 of 3,914
as long as what he raps about occurs in his environment, there isn't much to worry about for authenticity's sake

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #3,345 of 3,914

Haha, we're everywhere!

Thanks for the nice words. I'm sure he'll keep it up as he's completely obsessed. My parents are trying to get him to change up his lyrics a bit to be more reflective of his actual life experiences but don't want to discourage him. 

^
I think you meant to say ASIANs are EVERYWHERE. hoho WE RUN THE INTER-WEBZ!!!
wink_face.gif

Great that he is passionate about it, cuz that's the fyre that keeping things running, same could be said for this hobby as well. Nah it's like that "keepin' it real" hip hop saying, it's good to spit real but since hip hop is poetry, a great imagination is also needed to keep things interesting and creative. Why you think Kanye gets so much hype these days even though i don't consider him to be that good, but he sure knows how to put on a front to make his stuff "appears" to be creative/ deep. LoL Don't mind me i am just a Kanye naysayer. : P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back