VZR Model One
Jul 13, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #376 of 428
You should try them, I think they are really aligned with your desires
Have it on order now, really excited to test these out. I even e-mailed VZR on what kind of headphones i was using and what kind of sound i liked and got a reply that even the sound director of Call of Duty loved these. He had previously used HD800S which i thought to be my endgame headphones. It's pretty crazy how so many are comparing these to headphones that are 4-5x the price and also considering its a closed-back and often compared to high-end open-backs.

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #377 of 428
Have it on order now, really excited to test these out. I even e-mailed VZR on what kind of headphones i was using and what kind of sound i liked and got a reply that even the sound director of Call of Duty loved these. He had previously used HD800S which i thought to be my endgame headphones. It's pretty crazy how so many are comparing these to headphones that are 4-5x the price and also considering its a closed-back and often compared to high-end open-backs.
My experience is similar to that of the COD director in terms of preference movement

Jul 31, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #378 of 428
I picked up some Brainwavz ear pad for these they are ok but they have a ripple edges like Beyerdynamic DT 770s have.
So I ordered some Dekoni ear pads instead should be here today with cooling gel I just hope they fit cost me 40.00 on Amazon. I'm hoping they are cooler than the Brainwavz with all this heat everyone is getting headphone users suffer the most.

Jul 31, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #379 of 428
I picked up some Brainwavz ear pad for these they are ok but they have a ripple edges like Beyerdynamic DT 770s have.
So I ordered some Dekoni ear pads instead should be here today with cooling gel I just hope they fit cost me 40.00 on Amazon. I'm hoping they are cooler than the Brainwavz with all this heat everyone is getting headphone users suffer the most.
Great! Please let me/us know how the Dekoni ear pads are, also when it comes to sound.

Aug 1, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #381 of 428
Can someone make a comparison in sound quality to the Focal Radiance?
Would love to know, thanks.
Can’t speak to Radiance but had a chance to compare with Celeste. Celeste has a very special driver with just flabbergasting transients. The tuning is a bit wonky, though. On balance, I preferred the overall image from the VZR due to its tuning and holographic images while having enough transients to be HiFi Caliber

Aug 2, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #382 of 428
Can’t speak to Radiance but had a chance to compare with Celeste. Celeste has a very special driver with just flabbergasting transients. The tuning is a bit wonky, though. On balance, I preferred the overall image from the VZR due to its tuning and holographic images while having enough transients to be HiFi Caliber
Appreciated, thanks.

Aug 11, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #383 of 428
Hey, I was asking around for an EQ on discord. GadetryTech did the graph, and Listener on Headphones.com did the EQ. Here it is:

1691735287840.png

1691735324046.png

It's very strong and nice. It's not a perfect eq, but the headset sounds much better to my ears now. Anyone else have any EQ or graph to share of this headset?

Aug 11, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #384 of 428
I'm suprised such a big gain at 1900Hz actually sounds good, in my experience not even the "worst" headphones I try tend to need more than max 5~6dB adjustments here n there to sound balanced in their frequency range, I'm more of a adjustment by-ear than measurement guy as I'm doing hobby mastering since like 10 or so years so I'm used to interpret frequency range and it's easy to tell me by ear where it needs to be cut or boosted. Usually I find the actual gain I make by ear is typically roughly half of what the frequency response graph shows it needs.

I haven't got the VZR Model One yet, still waiting patiently for the europe launch. I usually adjust EQ first on Dolby Atmos for Headphones 10-band EQ to get a quick rough curve/EQ setting for the headphone and then use my RME ADI-2 FS Dac to adjust the parametric EQ (but it's only 6 band but usually it helps a decent amount already).

Aug 12, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #385 of 428
I'm suprised such a big gain at 1900Hz actually sounds good, in my experience not even the "worst" headphones I try tend to need more than max 5~6dB adjustments here n there to sound balanced in their frequency range, I'm more of a adjustment by-ear than measurement guy as I'm doing hobby mastering since like 10 or so years so I'm used to interpret frequency range and it's easy to tell me by ear where it needs to be cut or boosted. Usually I find the actual gain I make by ear is typically roughly half of what the frequency response graph shows it needs.

I haven't got the VZR Model One yet, still waiting patiently for the europe launch. I usually adjust EQ first on Dolby Atmos for Headphones 10-band EQ to get a quick rough curve/EQ setting for the headphone and then use my RME ADI-2 FS Dac to adjust the parametric EQ (but it's only 6 band but usually it helps a decent amount already).
Its on the UK amazon now.

Aug 12, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #386 of 428
Hey, I was asking around for an EQ on discord. GadetryTech did the graph, and Listener on Headphones.com did the EQ. Here it is:

1691735287840.png
1691735324046.png

It's very strong and nice. It's not a perfect eq, but the headset sounds much better to my ears now. Anyone else have any EQ or graph to share of this headset?
What a weird FR graph...

Aug 13, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #387 of 428
Its on the UK amazon now.

Well UK is not part of EU anymore so that means import fees. It's also available on amazon.de but both on amazon.uk and .de it's not possible to ship to Finland but the price is also over-the-top at 397€ which is now how transatlantic pricing typically converts like, wasted like half year for nothing then, would have been equally expensive to import it from the US to begin with. :) I'd say ~350€ had been more expected. Eitherway it doesn't allow me to order from those places eitherway and not sure I quite want to pay 400€ for it, ~350€ I'd start consider it, I mean Audeze Maxwell for example can be had for less.

Waiting game continues.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #388 of 428
Well UK is not part of EU anymore so that means import fees. It's also available on amazon.de but both on amazon.uk and .de it's not possible to ship to Finland but the price is also over-the-top at 397€ which is now how transatlantic pricing typically converts like, wasted like half year for nothing then, would have been equally expensive to import it from the US to begin with. :) I'd say ~350€ had been more expected. Eitherway it doesn't allow me to order from those places eitherway and not sure I quite want to pay 400€ for it, ~350€ I'd start consider it, I mean Audeze Maxwell for example can be had for less.

Waiting game continues.
And I've just sold mine too :). They will appear on your Amazon soon enough.

Aug 15, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #389 of 428
On the note of Crosswave being a transducer... Crosswave is a "widget" that's in front of a standard dynamic driver. The goal is to align the timings of low and high frequencies so they interact with your ear canal at the same time. These are bass heavy headphones, and some people will find them dark in the upper mid range, coupled with bass bloat. There's no denying their performance from an FPS perspective though, as I haven't come across any analog closed back close to this price range that excels in FPS games like this. I tend to pull bass down a little and boost the 2k range as well, just not as much as what's pictured above. I primarily use these for Call of Duty and Apex Legends.

In addition to Crosswave, they (VZR) match the left and right drivers with a fairly tight tolerance. This also helps with imaging, as you have less of an amplitude or phase shift as the frequencies change. I've measured many gaming headsets where driver synergy is relatively poor. This makes a big difference with localization.

As seen above, you can always EQ the bass down and mid range up, but it's a unique sounding headset/headphone either way. It may not be for everyone though, which is normal, and to be expected.

Aug 15, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #390 of 428
On the note of Crosswave being a transducer... Crosswave is a "widget" that's in front of a standard dynamic driver. The goal is to align the timings of low and high frequencies so they interact with your ear canal at the same time.
This sounds like a technical clarification point. I don’t think it’s particularly accurate, but not totally incorrect either.

A transducer is an electronic device that converts energy from one form to another. Common examples include microphones, loudspeakers, thermometers, position and pressure sensors, and antenna.

Crosswave is an acoustic lens. Different than the widgets from DCA.

The goal is to replicate spatial audio as the ear perceives sound in space. Frequency alignment is part of like 10 things it is doing, as the founder describes it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back