VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Jun 7, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #888 of 1,164
 Interesting, i just tried it, T-400 fits but its not as tight, comes off easily, TX-200 or say T-200 fits better.
You have to push it down as far as it will go and they stay on, no problems. I've been using those for quite some time. Comply has a reference chart so you can match the tip to your phone. It's on the site

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #889 of 1,164
Jun 8, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #890 of 1,164

...and it doesn't list the VSD5s...

Yeah, thats what he did with out going through. But i think T-200 is a match, fits nicely with out any need to push to the end, stays in nicely.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #891 of 1,164
 Yeah, thats what he did with out going through. But i think T-200 is a match, fits nicely with out any need to push to the end, stays in nicely.

Alright! Thanks!

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #892 of 1,164
Woww.. VSD5 + MH1 medium tips = Epic soundstage (to my ears) :) M loving it :wink:

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #893 of 1,164
I got these a few days ago.

First impressions are that they sound awesome for this price. The soundstage and layering is really a huge surprise for something this cheap and I reckon it rivals IEMs in this area that are 5 times the price.

The treble is very nice, not sibilant albeit a tiny bit artificial sounding.

It's funny, I would expect a headphone to have more realistic treble before a soundstage of this high level.

Fit is superb! Stays in place no matter what I do.

Cable is nice and light, just don't like straight plugs as much as L shaped.

Jun 10, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #894 of 1,164
Curious - how does it compare with your Merlin's. Totally different playing field or are they comparable?

I got these a few days ago.

First impressions are that they sound awesome for this price. The soundstage and layering is really a huge surprise for something this cheap and I reckon it rivals IEMs in this area that are 5 times the price.

The treble is very nice, not sibilant albeit a tiny bit artificial sounding.

It's funny, I would expect a headphone to have more realistic treble before a soundstage of this high level.

Fit is superb! Stays in place no matter what I do.

Cable is nice and light, just don't like straight plugs as much as L shaped.

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #895 of 1,164
I'm pretty sure I get a good seal with the VSD5 but it can't compare to the isolation I get with the custom Merlins. Complete immersion.

The treble on the Merlin is not as sharp or edgy but still detailed and it just sounds more realistic when it comes to cymbals/hi-hats. The bass on the Merlin is deeper and more refined although the VSD5 has pretty good sub bass. The mids are quite forward on the VSD5 and sound very present but the mids on the Merlins are magical. When a guitar solo pops up it's like a spotlight hits the guitarist - very creamy and rich. 

To me the most impressive thing about the VSD5 is the sound stage. It's not quite as big as the Merlin but it's very big and layered.

In a strict audiophile comparison they can't really compare. That's not to say the VSD5 don't sound awesome, I think they do.

I haven't been doing that much listening lately and honestly it all comes down to how addicted you become to this stuff. Are the Merlins $800 better? Hell no! 

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #896 of 1,164
Thanks, that's a good comparison between the vsd5 and the um merlin. The mids and bass refinement on the merlin shines through in your description.

Interesting how you frame the audiophile vs non-audiophile description. It's like the vsd5 can't compete on an audiophie basis....but somehow has an emotional appeal.

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #898 of 1,164
I received a pair of these a day ago and my box was not numbered but it was sealed... Has anyone else had this..??

Also.. after a few listening sessions. My GR07 MKI Definitely sound better, deciding if i will hang onto these. Hmmmm

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #899 of 1,164
  I received a pair of these a day ago and my box was not numbered but it was sealed... Has anyone else had this..??

Also.. after a few listening sessions. My GR07 MKI Definitely sound better, deciding if i will hang onto these. Hmmmm

Was it the VSD5 insert missing or the "00028" (sticker) missing or the bar-code?.....as the black squared box is common to all VSD series but the model inserts.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #900 of 1,164
  Was it the VSD5 insert missing or the "00028" (sticker) missing or the bar-code?.....as the black squared box is common to all VSD series but the model inserts.

Ok so there is meant to be a production number labelled on the front of each box, mine did not have one when i received it. The 0000/6000 number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back