VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
May 6, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #827 of 1,164
How would you say the VSD5 and Titan 1's compares? Any input on differences and similarities would be highly appreciated.

VSD5 has nice details but not as good as Titan-1, Titan is more reveling and instruments are sharper. Stage is not comparable as you know Titan-1 has an enormous stage. VSD5 is more balanced to be precise but Titan-1 is clearly clearer. Titan is more transparent to be precise, if you have Titan-1 and not looking for some more balance, you are good with Titan-1.

May 7, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #828 of 1,164
Thanks for the detailed comparison. I am planning to drive either of them with my DX90, I think it should do the trick.

So in terms of width and depth of sound stage, both of these give you a similar immersive 3D presentation? The VSD5 aren't so ugly that I wouldn't consider them for outside use. What sort of music do you listen to, and what sounds better through which IEM?
I listen to electronic and pop music most of the time. The VSD5s should suffice for all genres. The B3 wont do so well in electronic music as it does not have the bass punch. These two IEMs have a similar sound stage and presentation to them, but the B3s sound a little more open overall. That said I dont really prefer it that way. VSD5s are just more enjoyable for me

May 7, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #829 of 1,164
 VSD5 has nice details but not as good as Titan-1, Titan is more reveling and instruments are sharper. Stage is not comparable as you know Titan-1 has an enormous stage. VSD5 is more balanced to be precise but Titan-1 is clearly clearer. Titan is more transparent to be precise, if you have Titan-1 and not looking for some more balance, you are good with Titan-1.

Thanks!

May 7, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #830 of 1,164
I listen to electronic and pop music most of the time. The VSD5s should suffice for all genres. The B3 wont do so well in electronic music as it does not have the bass punch. These two IEMs have a similar sound stage and presentation to them, but the B3s sound a little more open overall. That said I dont really prefer it that way. VSD5s are just more enjoyable for me

Cool dude.

Lots of great impressions on this thread. I guess I will have to compromise on the look of these. 

May 8, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #833 of 1,164
  Is the GR07 classic edition still the best from Vsonic? If I were to upgrade from Vsonic VSD3S should I get the gr07 or the Vsd5?

I think so, GR07 classic will be your best option but but it will lack that bass you were used to with VSD3.

May 9, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #835 of 1,164
Did anyone tape up the hole in the VSD5s? Its just beside the sound tube. I taped it up and tested for a while, sound isolation is much improved, its to the level of wearing earplugs. The bass after you tape it up, WOW. The quantity is increased by tons. Definitely a bass monster after you tape it up, the sibilance seems to be reduced too. Guys try this reversible mod and tell me what do you feel, or hear. Im just amazed. Had to turn down bass boost on my phone.

May 9, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #836 of 1,164
Did anyone tape up the hole in the VSD5s? Its just beside the sound tube. I taped it up and tested for a while, sound isolation is much improved, its to the level of wearing earplugs. The bass after you tape it up, WOW. The quantity is increased by tons. Definitely a bass monster after you tape it up, the sibilance seems to be reduced too. Guys try this reversible mod and tell me what do you feel, or hear. Im just amazed. Had to turn down bass boost on my phone.

i tried this, and yes i can feel the sibilant slightly going down and bass powering up, can't say about sound isolation though, i was at home that time.
ksc75smile.gif

Gonna test this mod for a while now and see if i like this sound in long run.
gs1000.gif

May 9, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #837 of 1,164
i tried this, and yes i can feel the sibilant slightly going down and bass powering up, can't say about sound isolation though, i was at home that time. :ksc75smile:

Gonna test this mod for a while now and see if i like this sound in long run. :gs1000smile:  

I think its because Im using foam tips so I am able to tell the difference. Ive saw you saying that you use sony hibrids. Maybe try foam tips?

May 9, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #840 of 1,164
I do find that bass boost wasnt necessary when the tape was on. But I would like the noise isolation. So I probably wont be liking the small hole in the tape. Also bass seems to be fuller with the tape on as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back