VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Jan 6, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #124 of 1,164
Hello peeps! I just joined today to post my brief impression of the VSD5 which I just picked up from LMUE's physical box shop. Yes, sorry for my wallet. Kekeke.

Brief background, I've been listening to IM70 and Havi B3 Pro 1 before this purchase. Alright, here we go!

As I listen to my Havi B3 Pro 1 more often, I'll be comparing to it first. Upon listening, the vocals sound much much closer to me. It also sounds more sibilant. I guess I'll have to adapt to it first. And also there's a stickers recommending a 100 hour burn-in. Stay tuned for pictures and more insights! Feel free to ask me questions! I'm more than happy to answer them! 
bigsmile_face.gif

VSD5 Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/QgYKQ

UPDATE: VSD5 reproduces high frequency hissing in badly recording music.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #126 of 1,164
Hello peeps! I just joined today to post my brief impression of the VSD5 which I just picked up from LMUE's physical box shop. Yes, sorry for my wallet. Kekeke.

Brief background, I've been listening to IM70 and Havi B3 Pro 1 before this purchase. Alright, here we go!

As I listen to my Havi B3 Pro 1 more often, I'll be comparing to it first. Upon listening, the vocals sound much much closer to me. It also sounds more sibilant. I guess I'll have to adapt to it first. And also there's a stickers recommending a 100 hour burn-in. Stay tuned for pictures and more insights! Feel free to ask me questions! I'm more than happy to answer them! :bigsmile_face:  

How is the sound stage of the VSD5?

Jan 7, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #128 of 1,164

As I listen to my Havi B3 Pro 1 more often, I'll be comparing to it first. Upon listening, the vocals sound much much closer to me. It also sounds more sibilant. I guess I'll have to adapt to it first. 

Can't wait to get it later. I agree with you on the b3 pro 1s. Though many have said it's very well balanced, i found the mids a tad recessed. After bumping the 6.8k to 7k region up ard 1.5db, it sounds near perfect to me.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #131 of 1,164

As I listen to my Havi B3 Pro 1 more often, I'll be comparing to it first. Upon listening, the vocals sound much much closer to me. It also sounds more sibilant. I guess I'll have to adapt to it first. And also there's a stickers recommending a 100 hour burn-in. Stay tuned for pictures and more insights! Feel free to ask me questions! I'm more than happy to answer them! 
bigsmile_face.gif

How is the bass compared to Havi?

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #132 of 1,164

How is the bass compared to Havi?

VSD5 has stronger bass than Havi B3 Pro 1 (swifter bass). 

Can't wait to get it later. I agree with you on the b3 pro 1s. Though many have said it's very well balanced, i found the mids a tad recessed. After bumping the 6.8k to 7k region up ard 1.5db, it sounds near perfect to me.

I feel that the slightly recessed mid contributes to the unique (tuby, harmonics) sound signature which many other listeners and I like. Kekeke! :D

UPDATE: VSD5 reproduces this high frequency hissing sound in badly recorded music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back