Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #93 of 204
  For those with who have the AN16 and the GR07 (OG, Classic, or BE), in terms of percentage, how close is the AN16 to the GR07?

My GR07 classic died a week before I ordered the VSD2S/AN16, so I can't do an A/B comparison for you but here is my observation :

Out of the box they're about ~85% of the GR07, the highs are harsh, piercing and borderline painful and the mids feel weak. After burning for about 50 hours, the sound smoothens out and now I would say it's about 95%. The only difference being the slightly recessed mids. Bass is similar, highs are almost similar. Practically the same soundstage as well.

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #94 of 204
For those with who have the AN16 and the GR07 (OG, Classic, or BE), in terms of percentage, how close is the AN16 to the GR07?

I can't say as I haven't done anything as far as comparing the two, but I can say my AN16s sound very, very good OOTB using the supplied foamies. They already, to me, sound very refined and competent. Dat GR07 driver putting in work. They are also smaller than they look in pictures, light, and quite comfortable. And for $free.99?

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #95 of 204

My GR07 classic died a week before I ordered the VSD2S/AN16, so I can't do an A/B comparison for you but here is my observation :

Out of the box they're about ~85% of the GR07, the highs are harsh, piercing and borderline painful and the mids feel weak. After burning for about 50 hours, the sound smoothens out and now I would say it's about 95%. The only difference being the slightly recessed mids. Bass is similar, highs are almost similar. Practically the same soundstage as well.

How recessed are your mids? I find this weird because my pair actually is more mid forward than recessed.

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #96 of 204
Here's my solution to the ugly 16 as well as very hard to see R/L indications. It's not elegant or professional, but it works!

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #97 of 204
  Here's my solution to the ugly 16 as well as very hard to see R/L indications. It's not elegant or professional, but it works!

I think my solution is simpler and more effective:

I gently scraped the paint with some sharp scissors. (A pocket knife should work just as well.) It took me about a minute per earpiece, though I was being real soft.

If you look closely, you'll see that some paint remains. That's not because my method doesn't work well, but rather because I'm only mildly anal about how my IEMs look.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #98 of 204

I think my solution is simpler and more effective:

I gently scraped the paint with some sharp scissors. (A pocket knife should work just as well.) It took me about a minute per earpiece, though I was being real soft.

If you look closely, you'll see that some paint remains. That's not because my method doesn't work well, but rather because I'm only mildly anal about how my IEMs look.

I cannot see any difference?????

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #100 of 204

The difference is that the "16" is gone now.

I'm an idiot, I thought your mod was to tell left from right 
confused.gif

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #101 of 204
I just got my VSD2/AN16 combo today. I'm still forming my opinion on the vsd2, but so far, i think i prefer it to the vsd3s, at least in situations where my source isn't amped(like my iphone). I've been listening to the an16 for about an hour now, and i can tell you that it is certainly not harsher than the GR07. The treble is much smoother. Vsonic didn't lie. It sounds like a refined GR06. I still have my GR07BE and GR06 as reference. The mids on the an16 are less recessed than the 07. It's only real negative is that i don't think the sound stage is quite as good.

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #102 of 204
confused.gif

That was mine, and he kind of missed the point that I wanted that distinction rather than just removing the 16. I might care what these looked like if they weren't just plain black plastic, but since they are I would rather have the functionality of being able to quickly see left and right. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #103 of 204

confused.gif

That was mine, and he kind of missed the point that I wanted that distinction rather than just removing the 16. I might care what these looked like if they weren't just plain black plastic, but since they are I would rather have the functionality of being able to quickly see left and right. 

I'm curious, does anyone else think it's difficult to tell the left and right earpieces apart? I don't think it's hard, but I may be alone in that opinion.

And I like plain, unadorned, black plastic. I'd rather remove the clutter than replace it with functional clutter.

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #104 of 204
I'm getting driver flex on the left side of my an16. Is this something to worry about with these bio-cell drivers? Don't really want to mess with return but I want these great sounding phones to last.

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #105 of 204

I'm curious, does anyone else think it's difficult to tell the left and right earpieces apart? I don't think it's hard, but I may be alone in that opinion.

And I like plain, unadorned, black plastic. I'd rather remove the clutter than replace it with functional clutter.

Hi 5...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back