Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2015 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 204

koreanzombie

100+ Head-Fier
Thought I'd make a thread focused on the Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16. I have pre-ordered my VSD2S from lendmeurears and as soon as I receive them I will post my impressions on here. With this pre-order Vsonic offered a free iem the AN16, this uses the GR07 driver housed in a GR06 shell. These two iems costs less than $40 so it was a great deal. It will be interesting to see how well they compare to to the VSD1. Note this pre-order offer has now finished!

According to LMUE, the VSD2 and VSD2S are upgraded versions of the VSD1 and VSD1S, being more forward sounding and clearer. Compared to the VSD3/VSD3S, the VSD2/VSD2S have a more balanced sound signature (as opposed to V-shape), but the VSD3/VSD3S has better soundstage and clarity.

Between the VSD2 and VSD2S, the VSD2 offers slightly stronger bass whereas the VSD2S has slightly better clarity and treble.

'Of course, the main star of the show is the AN16. The AN16 is a limited-edition IEM meant to commemorate Vsonic’s 16th anniversary. It will only be available through the LMUE pre-order. The AN16 apparently uses the GR06 shell but with GR07 drivers. It will sound like an upgraded version of the GR06.'

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 204
Just piping in to say that I've received a pair of these in Hong Kong. (VSD2S)

Fit is very snug using the simple single flanges already fitted on them and the cable is free of excess tangle or microphonics.

As for the sound, rather than commenting on how these sound stock (other than "they're ok"), I offer you a portable foobar2000 package containing my sound tuning for the VSD2S when I listen to them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ktqp37al4rzddi/foobar2000%20for%20VSonic%20VSD2S.zip?dl=0

Just unzip and run this version of foobar, load your music library on it and listen with the VSD2S or VSD2. :smile:

Here's some of my previous track record with headphone tuning :D
http://www.head-fi.org/t/726569/review-tour-somic-mh412-viper4android-the-put-up-or-shut-up-review-and-tour

This post brought to you by Joe Bloggs in his personal capacity as a head-fier, not as a FiiO representative

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 31, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 204
Just piping in to say that I've received a pair of these in Hong Kong. (VSD2S)

Fit is very snug using the simple single flanges already fitted on them and the cable is free of excess tangle or microphonics.

As for the sound, rather than commenting on how these sound stock (other than "they're ok"), I offer you a portable foobar2000 package containing my sound tuning for the VSD2S when I listen to them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ktqp37al4rzddi/foobar2000%20for%20VSonic%20VSD2S.zip?dl=0

Just unzip and run this version of foobar, load your music library on it and listen with the VSD2S or VSD2.
smile.gif

Here's some of my previous track record with headphone tuning
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/726569/review-tour-somic-mh412-viper4android-the-put-up-or-shut-up-review-and-tour

This post brought to you by Joe Bloggs in his personal capacity as a head-fier, not as a FiiO representative

Watch out for the gestapo! 
ph34r.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #6 of 204
  Looking forward to getting my hands on both of these, unfortunately shipment has been delayed.

Yeah, I got the email too:

The team regret to inform you the dispatch of the VSD2/VSD2S will delayed. The first batch was supposed to be dispatched from 1st April while the second batch was supposed to be dispatched from 4th April.

However,  we regret to inform you that the first batch of VSD2/VSD2S will now be dispatched from 6th April while the second batch 9th April.  We apologise for the delay and disappointment. The delay was caused by a slight production delay in the units. We apologise for the disappointment and we hope that it does not cause too much inconvenience to you. We would gladly refund you the money if we had caused any inconveniences.

Some of you would be wondering if your order belonged to the first batch or the second batch. Initially, we had that worked out. For customer who saw the message stating that their order will be shipped on the 4th of April would have their order shipped on the 4th of April. For those who does not see the message, the order will be shipped on the 1st of April.

However, Vsonic had readjusted the quantities that they will ship to us for the first and second batch. Thus,  some of the orders which belonged to the first batch might be shifted to the second batch. As of now, Vsonic had not communicated with us on the exact quantities yet. Once we know about it, we will reach out to those who are affected.

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #7 of 204
Dear all,

We have further updates on the date of dispatch of the VSD2S and VSD2.

We are sorry to inform you that there has been an amendment to the previous information that we had disseminated.

Previously, we had told all of you that the date of dispatch for your product from us will be dependent on how early you preorder the VSD2/VSD2S during the preorder period. This arrangement was made due to the agreement with Vsonic who had promised to send the VSD2/VSD2S in 2 batches of shipment.

However, we would like to inform you that this had changed. In order to speed up the production of VSD2S/VSD2, Vsonic had decided to send us the VSD2S first and then the VSD2 later. As a result, the date of the dispatch of the item will be dependent on the product you order instead of how early you purchase the product.

For customers for had preordered the VSD2S, Vsonic had already dispatched the product to us. The goods will arrive to us on the 6th of April. We will need some time to pack all the products but we promise to send it all out to our customers by the 8th of April.

For customers for had preordered the VSD2, Vsonic had already dispatch the product to us today. It should arrive by 10th April and we aim to send it out by the 13th April.

We understand that it might be tempting for customers had preordered the VSD2 to change to VSD2S. We are sorry to inform that are unable to accept such requests as all the preorders are fulfilled.

We would also like to explain why we took some time to inform all of you about this change. This week, China and Hong Kong are having long public holidays. As a result, it is difficult to get a shipping estimate of the VSD2S and VSD2 to Singapore. 

We understand that the delay in the dispatch of the item has been very disappointing and frustrating to all of you. Thus, we will be providing a SGD4 store credit as a small compensation to the disappointment caused. You can use this store credit for your future purchases regardless of whether the item is on discount or not.  This store credit will credited into your LMUE account by the end of the next week (12th April 2015).

Do let us know if you require any clarifications and we will be happy to answer them. Once again, we apologize for the disappointment caused.

Regards,

Lend Me UR ears

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #12 of 204
Apr 6, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #15 of 204
We should start a new thread...

"What will you say when people ask you what "16" means or why is there a "16" there?

I'll just say I got them for my sweet 16 :)

oooohh...mine are also SHIPPED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back