VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Oct 6, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #888 of 2,003

You can order the VSD1 SE (they still have stock) at Spanish web headphoniaks, in fact, i've orderer mine yet. 

http://headphoniaks.com/es/auriculares/71-vsonic-vsd1-special-edition.html

confused.gif
 You didn´t quite read the rest of my comments?

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #889 of 2,003
  The VSD1 with the Numbering on the housing is the VSD1 Limited Edition. It was actually announced in August and was on pre-order only in China with 999 units made. It was supposed to come on 15th of September but Came out October 1st. As far as I know it's using the same drivers as VSD1 and VSD1S but with increased impedance (80ohm) and different tuning. According to Vsonic's CEO it's tuned like the VSD7 and a good way to demo the VSD7's sound signature. I couldn't order a pair initially coz it was supposed to be sold only in China to previous vsonic customers and one 1 pair per person but it seems that during the 2-day pre-order period not all of the units were sold and that's how they are available at certain retailers now. 

As far as i know, driver is quite different from VSD1, you can compare specs form GR07 and VSD1 SE, and see that they are identical, except impedance. In fact, VSD1 driver is rated as dynamic driver, and VSD1 Driver is rated as High Dynamic Driver (like GR07). In a two days i'll receive my unit, and will check.

VSD1 Special Edition

Driver: 11mm High Dynamic CCAW Driver
Impedancia: 80 Ohm +/- 10%
Sensibilidad: >105 db (a 500hz)
Rango de frecuencia: 7 - 30,000Hz
Distorsión: < 0.2% 105dB
Balance de canal: <1dB (a 500hz) <1.5dB (a 20hz-12.5 Khz)
Potencia min. 10 mW
Potencia max. 50mW
Conector: 3,5mm chapado en oro de 24 kilates
Cable: TPU de cobre de 1.30m de longitud

GR07

Driver: 11mm High Dynamic CCAW Drive Units
Impedancia 50Ω+/-10%
Sensiblidad≥105dB (at500Hz)
Rango de Frequencia 7Hz—30,000Hz
Distorsion≤0.2% 105dB (20μpa)
Balacne de Canal≤1dB (at500Hz) ≤1.5dB(at 20Hz~12.5Hz)
Potencia min.10mW
Potencia max.50m
Conector: size3.5mm 8μ’24K gold plated dual-channel 
Cable: 1.30m TPU cable, 82 core 99.9999

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #892 of 2,003
Not at all, i'm aware you menctioned that web many times, my post was only to confirm that this morning they still have stock for the VSD1 SE, and that i've just ordered mine a few minutes ago.

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #894 of 2,003
Thanks n0str3ss, but i think that the misunderstanding was mostly due to my awful way of expressing myself, probably a better positioning of the "still" word would made things clearer. Anyway, as soon as i receive the order i'll post my impressions. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #895 of 2,003
My secondhand VSD1s arrived this afternoon and impressions are good! I certainly get the related-to-GR07 thing that VSonic was going for. Not as extended at either end, but certainly of the same vein. I'm very impressed by the sense of stage these IEMs produce. I recently sold my TPeos H200 which are rather neutral in nature (like most VSonics) and the soundstage on these is far superior! 

Seems like another great offering from our overseas friends!

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #896 of 2,003
I've just received my VSD1 SE, and the first impression is just amazing, they seem to me much better than the VSD1S, much more extension, bass is fast and tight but no overhelming, treble is more present than in VSD1S,, cimbals, for example sound amazing not only for an iem for this price, they just sound great. Middle range is smoth, easy to listen, guitars and voices sound fantastic, may be a little recessed in sharp female voices. Stage is fantastic, they sound quite open but not endless. Tomorrow i will compare them face to face with a GR07, but, for me, VSD1 SE is a GR07 sound in terms of sound quality,, but with a slight different tuning. For me, they are better than the GR07 Bass edition. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #897 of 2,003
  I've just received my VSD1 SE, and the first impression is just amazing, they seem to me much better than the VSD1S, much more extension, bass is fast and tight but no overhelming, treble is more present than in VSD1S,, cimbals, for example sound amazing not only for an iem for this price, they just sound great. Middle range is smoth, easy to listen, guitars and voices sound fantastic, may be a little recessed in sharp female voices. Stage is fantastic, they sound quite open but not endless. Tomorrow i will compare them face to face with a GR07, but, for me, VSD1 SE is a GR07 sound in terms of sound quality,, but with a slight different tuning. For me, they are better than the GR07 Bass edition. 

Wow your first impressions to say the least seem curious. Now you got me interested and I might order some to leave here some impressions.

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #899 of 2,003
Hey guys, not sure if anyone has asked this qn before. But when you all wear the VSD1 over the ear aren't you wearing the left earpiece in the right ear and vice versa? Wouldn't that cause some channel balance issues or affects the sound reproduction? Not very sure about this so just wanted to check if you all face any issues of this sort.

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #900 of 2,003
i always wear them over-ear and the only difference from cable-down is just that, if you know a song by heart and have been listening to it on "correct" left-right earphones, on the vsd1 sounds you expect to come from the left come from the right, and vice versa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back