VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Aug 27, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #796 of 2,003
Quote:
1. http://www.head-fi.org/t/663709/vsonic-vsd1-vsd1s-reviews-impression-thread/675#post_9656518 As I said they are almost exactly the same with some small differences. The biggest difference is that the vsd1 has more mid-bass and the vsd1s has a bit tighter bass with more of a deep bass punch while the vsd1 has more of a mid-bass punch. 
2. ?? If you're wondering whether a 4s is enough to drive them properly - then, yes, they are pretty easy to drive.
3. yes, especially for the music you're listening to.
4.Yes. And what do you mean by universal coz they are definitely not ciem LOL

Big thanks.About 4-i mean it's playable with many musical genres,i listen different music) My brains in 2 hours a.m. off ,when i posted it =="

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #797 of 2,003
i already have the vsd1. will getting gr06 will do me any good?
i know they have different sound signatures but gr06 is pricier for a reason, i think?
if price is not a factor, will i gain something from gr06?
thank you.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #798 of 2,003
Quote:
i already have the vsd1. will getting gr06 will do me any good?
i know they have different sound signatures but gr06 is pricier for a reason, i think?
if price is not a factor, will i gain something from gr06?
thank you.

Nah, the price is not a factor - the higher price doesn't make the gr06 better sounding. The gr06 is just mid-forward and warmer. 

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #800 of 2,003
Quote:
haha. alright. so i should not get the gr06 unless i get it for free?

Well, it's not that the gr06 isn't good. I just think VSD1/S is better for less money unless you really want mid-forward presentation but if you want that I would suggest gr04 flagship edition if you can still find it as it's been discontinued. It also was cheaper than gr06 for months while being better but people were confused about the vsonic's naming and all bought the gr06 thinking it's the better one because it's more expensive and assuming it should be the best after gr07 just because 6 comes after 7.
One reason for the gr06's still higher price than VSD1 might arguably be better build quality but the thicker cable is actually a bit springy and doesn't like to sit behind without twisting and adjusting it or using earguides. Also, as I said before VSD1/S articulating nozzle is stiffer and sits at place firmly  after being adjusted while the gr06 had issues with the nozzles becoming too loose and easy to move around.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #801 of 2,003
Quote:
Well, it's not that the gr06 isn't good. I just think VSD1/S is better for less money unless you really want mid-forward presentation but if you want that I would suggest gr04 flagship edition if you can still find it as it's been discontinued. It also was cheaper than gr06 for months while being better but people were confused about the vsonic's naming and all bought the gr06 thinking it's the better one because it's more expensive and assuming it should be the best after gr07 just because 6 comes after 7.
One reason for the gr06's still higher price than VSD1 might arguably be better build quality but the thicker cable is actually a bit springy and doesn't like to sit behind without twisting and adjusting it or using earguides. Also, as I said before VSD1/S articulating nozzle is stiffer and sits at place firmly  after being adjusted while the gr06 had issues with the nozzles becoming too loose and easy to move around.

okay. thank you for the response. youre a big help for confused people
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #802 of 2,003
i was able to try out gr06, and well, yes. i think vsd1 is a lot better. gr06's mids is kinda over powering. it kills the details especially on the highs. or does it really benefit from burning in? vsd1 sounds great out of the box.

mm.. by the way. what's with the circular wires that are placed on the grills of the nozzle? both gr06 and vsd1 have them.

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #805 of 2,003
The VSD1 looks as if it would protrude slightly less from the ear compared to the GR06 or GR07. I'm looking for an IEM that is about as flush / low profile as possible with the outer ear for listening with my head sideways on a pillow or for wearing under tight hats, helmets, headbands, and ear muffs. The circular profile also looks as if it might be a bit lighter and more comfortable than the square profile of the GR series. Has anyone compared the physical profile of both? Are they both equally low profile or is there a difference?

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #806 of 2,003
Quote:
The VSD1 looks as if it would protrude slightly less from the ear compared to the GR06 or GR07. I'm looking for an IEM that is about as flush / low profile as possible with the outer ear for listening with my head sideways on a pillow or for wearing under tight hats, helmets, headbands, and ear muffs. The circular profile also looks as if it might be a bit lighter and more comfortable than the square profile of the GR series. Has anyone compared the physical profile of both? Are they both equally low profile or is there a difference?

I had the GR07BE's, and now have the VSD1's. I'm not really sure which was more flush in the ears, but they both were very flush, although I do feel that maybe the vsd1's are a bit more comfortable. I typically wear the vsd1's over the  ears, and they are the only iem's I have that I can sleep with. All other iems dig into the pillow when turning the head slightly, and that drives me nuts. With the vsd1's though, I can pretty much lay my head on it's side in and it's ok. I always end up falling asleep with them in, so that says a lot. They are also the only iem's that fit under ear muffs, so they are perfect when cutting the lawn etc. And, because they are so flush, I use them when biking because they produce very low wind resistance. And, it doesn't hurt that they sound so good!

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #807 of 2,003
Quote:

yes. for me the vsd1 protrudes less than gr06. vsd1 has a smooth dent where the "vsd1" is printed. i find the vsd1 more comfortable and easier to insert. but i dont think its lighter, neither heavier. theyre pretty much the same in terms of weight, both doesnt fall off the ear. hmm. they are equal in "profile" but imo, i dont think its "low profile" 
smile.gif

just enough to people notice you wearing an iem.

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #808 of 2,003
Since they can be worn over ear, would the VSD1 and VSD1S be good for jogging and stay in the ear?

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #810 of 2,003
I just received my VSD1-S today and I can honestly say I dislike one thing, the cord, I hope this thing will last a long time. I do have the "Big Brother" the GR07 BE which is my go to's right know and they still will be. It is a little early to give an accurate description but right now I the highs are a little harsh and the mids seem a little recessed, but with any dynamic these will need some burn in time which they are right now with the Fiio X3 which is still awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back