VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Aug 2, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #723 of 2,003
Well, for now it seems that there are really only 999 units of the limited edition VSD1 and it's meant to be sold only in China and a person can buy only one and only if he has bought VSD1/S before, so aside from people like airomjosh, who actually reside in China, I guess we are out of luck with that one. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #725 of 2,003
Quote:
It's my first time experiencing tight bass in VSD1S and it's kinda fatiguing to me. Can changing the tips reduce it?

You can eq down the bass. That's why I said that VSD1 is less fatiguing - because it's softer on the impact and with some types of music the VSD1S can really tire your ears in a short amount of time. Hard hitting bass is usually what's most fatiguing to me - even more than harsh treble. I don't think you'll be able to reduce the bass enough with any tips unless you get tips that give you bad seal but that's not what you want - try eq.

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #726 of 2,003
I am finding the highs and sibilance on the vsd1 a bit to piercing, i've changed the tips to a few different ones with no luck in taming the highs. I've had these for about 5 days would more burn help or are they just bright earphones that i am stuck with.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #727 of 2,003
Looks like the foam tips included do not fit me, only the small tips are ok. After a week listen to VSD1S, I can't go back to my old SM E30 anymore. Thank you all very much.

Now I should try to get used to the tight bass.

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #728 of 2,003
Quote:
I am finding the highs and sibilance on the vsd1 a bit to piercing, i've changed the tips to a few different ones with no luck in taming the highs. I've had these for about 5 days would more burn help or are they just bright earphones that i am stuck with.

You must be really sensitive to sibilance. Out of the box, my VSD1S's bass was boomy, a bit out of control and the treble was sharp, somewhat piercing. After 250 hours of burn in bass is much tighter and treble is very smooth. No sibilance for me. These really have to be burned in a lot.   

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #730 of 2,003
One quick question: how's the build quality/durability of these things? Most important thing is how tough the cable is. Almost ALL my losses have been due to cable failure (MDR-V6 break may have been due to the jack being bent out of shape by my iPod's case).

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #731 of 2,003
Quote:
One quick question: how's the build quality/durability of these things? Most important thing is how tough the cable is. Almost ALL my losses have been due to cable failure (MDR-V6 break may have been due to the jack being bent out of shape by my iPod's case).

The cable is fine. I know a lot people prefer the thicker gr04, gr06, gr07 cables but I actually really like this vsonic cable - it's on the thin side but it's light and very soft and pliable. The VSD1 has long and soft strain reliefs on the housings and the L-plug is sturdy.

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #732 of 2,003
Quote:

Cable is really very soft and durable. :) It's better than most thicker cables. It's coated with TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) which makes it really durable.

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #735 of 2,003
I just ordered the VSD1 from Amazon, I've never bought any type of IEM before so this will be my first ones.
I have rather large ears, so will there be a  variety of ear tips that come with the initial VSD1? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back