VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Nov 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #256 of 341
Maybe I help little bit.

I bought VC-1000 because my GR-07 MK2 have fit issue for me. I fell pain in my left ear after one hour of listening.
I test many tips (from sony, meelec, audiozones, lostearbuds, foam tips - also i made custom tips, but not from medical grade material).

Comfort is perfect, isolation too. (on VC1000)
Isolation is depending on the tips.

Comparision between GR-07 MK2 and VC1000:
Bass is better on the MK2. Quantity is the same, but quality and resolution is better on MK2. Bass and subbas is punchier and harder.
Mids and treble are cleaner on VC1000 - mids are little bit forwarded. Just little bit.

Cable is better on MK2, is strong and rigid. On VC1000 is cable thinner and gentle.

I prefer listening to MK2, because I like bass which produce this dynamic driver phones.
( I went back to triple flange tips from audiozones for MK2. Also good tips are single flange tips from meelec.)

Nov 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #257 of 341
I read a couple post in this thread about aftermarket tips. I was interested in purchasing some Comply Foam Tips or possibly another brand of foam tips but wasn't too sure which ones will fit the VC1000's. I read a little about Comply's "P" or "Professional" foam tips and they sounded like what I am looking for to use on my VC1000's, but I need to know which ones will fit my VC1000's. I also read about some modifications that can be made to allow Comply T400 Tips to be used on my VC1000's, but wasn't convinced that was the way to go.
What size core diameter or model should I be looking for? What Comply Foam Tips will fit the VC1000's without doing modifications and which Comply foam tips will fit by doing some modifications? What other high quality foam tips fit on the VC1000's without doing modifications? Any and all info on any tips for VC1000's will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 5678

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #258 of 341
Hello, guys! Please, answer my little questions:
1. Is this product well-fit for a beginner audiophile (didn't have money for good sound before) with tastes in Heavy Metal/Speed Metal/Rock/Dubstep (Treble+Treble/mid_drops+Vocal tastes, groull also in there) and Bass_heavy-Dubstep (meaning high-quality bass drops with little_to_no treble).
2. Where should I buy the product? I've found it at aliexpress, but i do not trust chinese, also i was adviced to buy it from lendmeurears, but i'm looking for better warranty support (lendmeurears asks you to send the product for repairs with _no_ refund for it).

Thank you!

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #259 of 341
Perfect for any audiophile on a low budget. I asked lendmeurears for a discount and he/they offered the VC1000's for $115, which was the lowest price I found. Lendmeurears is slow to reply to emails, but have a very good rep here on head-fi.org

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #260 of 341
  Hello, guys! Please, answer my little questions:
1. Is this product well-fit for a beginner audiophile (didn't have money for good sound before) with tastes in Heavy Metal/Speed Metal/Rock/Dubstep (Treble+Treble/mid_drops+Vocal tastes, groull also in there) and Bass_heavy-Dubstep (meaning high-quality bass drops with little_to_no treble).
2. Where should I buy the product? I've found it at aliexpress, but i do not trust chinese, also i was adviced to buy it from lendmeurears, but i'm looking for better warranty support (lendmeurears asks you to send the product for repairs with _no_ refund for it).

Thank you!

Hmm, sometimes I listen to the same genres of music, and I was considering these IEMs too, but I am kind of sure you would not find these IEMs that good because I think they would'nt be enough engaging for that kind of music. I'd rather advice you to look for another IEM, focusing more in great bass impact. This is what I think, as a kind of newbie too. Maybe if you like something still "balanced" but more fitting the body of your music you could consider GR07 Bass Edition, holding with the VSONIC brand. I don't know your ears, but It would be a better choice in your case, I guess. Beware of the sibilance, though. (I don't have the GR07, but I want to buy my first serious IEMs too, and I am being undecided between these, GR07 MK2 and GR07 BE.)

As Vsonic not being so wide-distributed brand, I think that Lendmeurears is the best place where you can buy them : good prices, free shipping and good customer service, from what I've read. They are currently giving a nice discount on both the GR07 MK2 and the GR07 BE, maybe you would be interested to take a look. I know a coupon code that brings some discount to all the IEMs not already being discounted, VC1000 included. If you're interested in it, just PM me. :wink:

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #261 of 341

Hmm, sometimes I listen to the same genres of music, and I was considering these IEMs too, but I am kind of sure you would not find these IEMs that good because I think they would'nt be enough engaging for that kind of music. I'd rather advice you to look for another IEM, focusing more in great bass impact. This is what I think, as a kind of newbie too. Maybe if you like something still "balanced" but more fitting the body of your music you could consider GR07 Bass Edition, holding with the VSONIC brand. I don't know your ears, but It would be a better choice in your case, I guess. Beware of the sibilance, though. (I don't have the GR07, but I want to buy my first serious IEMs too, and I am being undecided between these, GR07 MK2 and GR07 BE.)

As Vsonic not being so wide-distributed brand, I think that Lendmeurears is the best place where you can buy them : good prices, free shipping and good customer service, from what I've read. They are currently giving a nice discount on both the GR07 MK2 and the GR07 BE, maybe you would be interested to take a look. I know a coupon code that brings some discount to all the IEMs not already being discounted, VC1000 included. If you're interested in it, just PM me. :wink:

I'll surely search info regarding GR07. But, to be clear, my point is balance between bright treble and good (more than neutral, but not "extra") bass. I have stopped on VSONICS because of the thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-301-iems-compared-custom-art-music-one-added-10-28-13-p-796 , regarding my budget.

Take a look yourself regarding GR07: http://www.head-fi.org/t/688628/best-bass-orientated-iems-around-200-300

I suppose sibilance is what i like in treble? S, j, z sounds like groull voice sounds which i prefer, sh/zh is ok if not artificial-like i think.

I may give some insane examples of "sibilance" in my understanding:
Slipknot - Get this (or die)
SOAD - **** the system
SOAD - pizza pie
Medusa in my knickers - Spit (Treble-dubstep)
Knife Party – Bonfire (Dark Statique Rework) (+WobWob)

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #262 of 341
  I'll surely search info regarding GR07. But, to be clear, my point is balance between bright treble and good (more than neutral, but not "extra") bass. I have stopped on VSONICS because of the thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-301-iems-compared-custom-art-music-one-added-10-28-13-p-796 , regarding my budget.

Take a look yourself regarding GR07: http://www.head-fi.org/t/688628/best-bass-orientated-iems-around-200-300

I suppose sibilance is what i like in treble? S, j, z sounds like groull voice sounds which i prefer, sh/zh is ok if not artificial-like i think.

I may give some insane examples of "sibilance" in my understanding:
Slipknot - Get this (or die)
SOAD - **** the system
SOAD - pizza pie
Medusa in my knickers - Spit (Treble-dubstep)
Knife Party – Bonfire (Dark Statique Rework) (+WobWob)

I imagined what were you looking for, and right for that I told you about the GR07 MK2 and the Bass Edition : more in quantity (with the BE) and more refined/powerful (with both versions, but on BE it is more noticeable) bass compared to the VC1000 for a more impactful body, but still enough balanced for not considering them as an extra-bassy earphone. I doubt you would like sibilance, since is for pratically anyone an annoying thing : it's like someone would say a loud "tszz!" in your ears with a "piercing" effect when those consonants are in the songs you listen, but with the MK2 and the BE that has been a little tamed, and anyway it gets smoother over time... VC1000 are more thinner sounding, and they are faster in resolving mids and treble, GR07 on the other hand has more body thanks to a more impactful bass, and also it's got a better soundstage.
I just gave you my opinion, but again, I don't know your ears, I'm only telling you what I would buy if I listened mainly to those kinds of music.

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #263 of 341
I understand what you're telling me, but i suppose only a heavy-rocker would understand what "treble brain-giggle" means. When all your neurons just wave from head to toes because of a "pitchy" sound :)
Also, I suppose my wallet may limit me to VC-es, but I'm still asking you to answer the previous part of my post :)

Many thanks!

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #264 of 341
  I understand what you're telling me, but i suppose only a heavy-rocker would understand what "treble brain-giggle" means. When all your neurons just wave from head to toes because of a "pitchy" sound :)
Also, I suppose my wallet may limit me to VC-es, but I'm still asking you to answer the previous part of my post :)

Many thanks!

I love sparkly and energetic treble too, and for me it is usually a priority over the bass, but if I can get both I am even more happy.
Anyway... which part? =P

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #265 of 341
Sort of answered my own question while doing my due diligence.
You may have to cross reference to confirm compatible tips.
All these IEM's are compatible with the same tips:
~~ VSONIC : GR01,GR04 GR06 GR07,VSD1,VSD1S,VC02,VC1000
Other Compatible Models :
ALTEC LANSING:inMotion616. inMotion716
CREATIVE: Aurana2
ETYMOTIC : ER-4B.ER-4P.ER-4S.HF-2.HF-3.HF-5.MC-3.MC-5.Ety-8 Bluetooth
FUTURESONICS: Atrio Series M3.M5.M8.M9
GRADO:iGi
HARMON KARDON:EP-710.EP-730
JAYS:D-jays.Q-jays.S-jays
KLIPSCH:imageS4/S4i.imageX5.imageX10/XDi.Custom1. Custom2. Custom3.
MICROSONIC:Epic.JP.EpicX
PHIATON:PS-200
PHILIPS:SHE9850
SHURE:SE315.SE425.SE535.SE110.SE115.SE210.SE310.SE410.SE530.E500.E3c. E4c.E5c.E3g.E4g.i3c.i4c.SCL3.SCL4.SCL5. SLEEK AUDIO:SA6
WESTONE:UM1.UM2.UM3-X.westone1.2.3.4.4R

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #266 of 341
Received my VC1000's 2 days ago.
Auditioned 4 or 5 sets of ear tips that came with them.
Was satisfied with the small Hot Pink tips.
Listened and burned them in for about 10 hours first day.
Listened for another couple hours second day.
On second day I attempted to try the small bright orange tips.
While attempting to install the first bright orange tip the black hard rubber strain relief separated from the red aluminum body and reveled the wires etcetera inside, but did not break the wires.
I should have taken a photo of the internal wires, but my immediate concern was to put it back together and test to listen if it still worked properly.
It sounded fine.
I have to decide if I want to send them back for either a repair or exchange which will probably take about a month and cost me a few dollars to send back to Singapore or if I want to remember to be extra careful while changing ear tips and hope neither strain relief separates again.
Through life experiences in the past I assume that even if I was sent a replacement pair of VC1000's, they would still be built the same way and have similar chances or likelihood of doing the same thing.
I might have got a rare lemon pair of VC1000, but from past experience, I feel fairly confident that a replacement pair of VC1000 would be of similar build quality.
I don't want to waist the time, effort and be without a pair of IEM's for a month or so and end up with a pair of VC1000 that have the same strain relief issue as first VC1000's and have no advantage over the first set of VC1000's.
I could carefully put a small ring of super glue around the inserted tip edge of each strain relief and insert them back into the red aluminum body on both.
This might make them a little more durable, but I'm afraid that I might get super glue where I don't want it.
Wherever that might be.
I suggest that any of you removing or installing ear tips in a pair of IEM's to take extra care in grasping only the body of the IEM's (the red aluminum body in the case of the VC1000's) and not any part of the strain relief.
Here is a question for anybody that has an opinion on this issue.
Should I send them back for a replacement or should I just be careful with this first pair and realize it is the nature of the beast or should I try the super glue surgery I mentioned above?
Or do you have another idea that might help?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back