VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
Mar 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #78 of 341
Quote:
No need...I managed to fit Comply 100's on it, with the help of a small screw driver to stretch the stem, once it's on, it will be easy to take it on/off

That's interesting. Isn't it the same size as VC02 or is it bigger? Also strange that you were able to put on olives but you needed a screwdriver for the comply as the 100s are actually easier to put that the olives because of the stretchier core.

Mar 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #82 of 341
Quote:
Absolutely mate

Done! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #84 of 341
Quote:
I own the rockit r50 and I am underwhelmed with the bass response, the fit (thanks to the memory wire) and the isolation.
are the vsonic vc1000 or GR01 better in those regards?

thanks.

I auditioned R-50 recently and although the mid and treble are just sublime, the bass is extremely light, and I do agree on the fit and memory wire too...

I haven't heard GR01 so I can't comment on that, but VC1000 isolates superbly, it has super small body so you can either use larger tips and shallow fit, or smaller tips and deeper fit, either way the isolation is top notch, especially with foam hybrid or foam tips.

The bass of VC1000 is definitely better, though R-50 trumps in mid and treble, don't forget also that R-50 is analytical, whereas VC1000 is fun

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #85 of 341
Quote:
I own the rockit r50 and I am underwhelmed with the bass response, the fit (thanks to the memory wire) and the isolation.
are the vsonic vc1000 or GR01 better in those regards?

thanks.

The R50s have a bit more bass than GR01, although the difference is sublime. Also the soundstage is better with R50s. I am using both with custom tips, things may be different with stock ones.

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #87 of 341
Can't understand the logic VSonic seeks with its headphones and their colors. I'm sure many people can pull it with colorful tips and they do look cool too but what's up with dark pink body of the earphone?:D Good luck using them at the gym and don't forget to mention it's sound what sold you haha

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #88 of 341
Can't understand the logic VSonic seeks with its headphones and their colors. I'm sure many people can pull it with colorful tips and they do look cool too but what's up with dark pink body of the earphone?:D Good luck using them at the gym and don't forget to mention it's sound what sold you haha

Use the smaller tips and deep fit, no one can see the colours, but if anyone still notice them, that means they fancy you

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #89 of 341
Quote:

I auditioned R-50 recently and although the mid and treble are just sublime, the bass is extremely light, and I do agree on the fit and memory wire too...

I haven't heard GR01 so I can't comment on that, but VC1000 isolates superbly, it has super small body so you can either use larger tips and shallow fit, or smaller tips and deeper fit, either way the isolation is top notch, especially with foam hybrid or foam tips.

The bass of VC1000 is definitely better, though R-50 trumps in mid and treble, don't forget also that R-50 is analytical, whereas VC1000 is fun

Quote:

The R50s have a bit more bass than GR01, although the difference is sublime. Also the soundstage is better with R50s. I am using both with custom tips, things may be different with stock ones.

thanks for both of your assessments, now I'm torn between keeping my R50 or switching to the vc1000.
can the vc1000 be comfortably worn over the ear or does too much of the IEM housing stick out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back