VSONIC VC02 Thread
Feb 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #469 of 791
Just bought these earphones out of whim. Problem though is the driver easily separates from the cable like when trying to remove them from my ears. Any suggestion on to keep them intact or lock them maybe?

Feb 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #470 of 791
I did have same problem when I had vc02. You can glue them, but you must be very careful not to cover gold-plated connectors with glue. Separate detachable cables are more expensive than vc02. So when you have cable problem you can buy a new unit instead of a new cable.

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #473 of 791
Quote:
I did have same problem when I had vc02. You can glue them, but you must be very careful not to cover gold-plated connectors with glue. Separate detachable cables are more expensive than vc02. So when you have cable problem you can buy a new unit instead of a new cable.

+1. After market cables would cost more or just as much as buying a new set of VC02's.

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #474 of 791
Quick question regarding microphonics on the VC02, can you just clarify how bad it is when worn straight down? I straight up can't wear over the ear headphones so it rules out a lot of the stand out IEMs at the 30-60 price range. I'm used to wearing a J-Corded set so I get almost no microphonics at the moment.

They'll be used to commute so I'll be walking around a reasonable amount in them (transfers between tubes) and microphonics would drive me up the wall.

They're not that bad. At least for me. If you're familiar with the Monoprice 8320, it has less than that.

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #476 of 791
Quote:
Just bought these earphones out of whim. Problem though is the driver easily separates from the cable like when trying to remove them from my ears. Any suggestion on to keep them intact or lock them maybe?

I have the exact same problem. My left one isn't too bad but the right one is a complete joke. I went from having a pair of Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220 to these. The sound quality on the VC02s is significantly better but the design is laughable. Every single time I take the right ear out, the driver detaches from the cable. It's so bad that if I just hold the cable and shake it a little, the driver falls off. It's really annoying and I'm not sure why they don't have a better mechanism for securing them together. I'd hate to be using these outside anywhere as  I'm positive I'd have lost a driver already. Luckily I just use these in work so I only have to rummage around or under my desk every time the bloody things fall apart.

Another gripe I had is that one of the black silicone buds was defective - it basically looked like a dog had chewed it but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of sending it back to Singapore.

Again, really good sound quality for the money but the design to attach the driver to the cable leaves a lot to be desired.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #477 of 791
So whilst I wait for my Gr07 MK2s to get back from repair I need something to hold me over. So do I get the Gr06s which are just £10 more or do I get these vc02 that you guys seem to love so much ?

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #478 of 791
Well, it depends on what signature you're looking for. GR06 have more forward mids, which are very nice. The VC02's are more balanced with a tad more bass and more treble detail. Both are very good for the price.

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #479 of 791
i want these! seems like greatvearphonws, and so far i am very impressed with vsonic, now a proud owner of gr02be. feel like an upgrade - anyway more detail, vocals especially.

whising for gr07be but budget does not allow - so gr04fe, 06 or these... everyday i decide differently. now im leaning towards 04le or these - but are worried that vc02 lacks to much varmth compared to my 02be,s...however i feel the 02s today lack in clarity...but have exellent bass.

plz help me decide.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back