VSONIC VC02 Thread
Mar 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #482 of 791
Wow, a 3mm micro-driver??

That's almost half the size of my Yamahas. Really interested in these!!

Btw, is this the best seller on eBay to get them from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VSONIC-VC02-High-Fidelity-Professional-Quality-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/290817558002?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item43b613c5f2#shId

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #484 of 791
Purchased mine from bigbargainonline on eBay. Fast shipping, received them in 11 days.

Yeah that's the same seller that I linked as well.

Any chance someone knows how trance music sounds on these bad boys?

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #487 of 791
I'm a true vsonic fan even if I have 100s more iem, even more expensive ones doesn't compare to vsonic house sound which all very, but in different degrees. The only one that doesn't so far is the new gr02 classic edition, which barginbinonline sell as well(they are being burned in for 300 hrs). Barginbinonline is my very good friend as well, he keeps me inform about new iem releases by vsonic :).

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #488 of 791
Quote:
Yeah that's the same seller that I linked as well.

Any chance someone knows how trance music sounds on these bad boys?

If you're going from the EPH-100 to the VC02, let me warn you that they have completely different sound signatures. The EPH-100, as you know, has that warm sound with big bass, while the VC02 is a lot more analytical and focused on the mids and highs. They're both great IEMs, but for completely different purposes/tastes... 

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #490 of 791
Quote:

If you're going from the EPH-100 to the VC02, let me warn you that they have completely different sound signatures. The EPH-100, as you know, has that warm sound with big bass, while the VC02 is a lot more analytical and focused on the mids and highs. They're both great IEMs, but for completely different purposes/tastes... 

Hmm ok thanks mate. So you're saying they wouldn't work with Trance music?

I'm split at the moment between VC02 and ATH CKN70. 
frown.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #491 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm ok thanks mate. So you're saying they wouldn't work with Trance music?

I'm split at the moment between VC02 and ATH CKN70. 
frown.gif

Well, I don't listen to trance, so I really can't say for sure... But judging from their performance with other electronic and dance music I occasionally listen to (The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Justice or Daft Punk are some examples), the VC02 isn't my choice. It's not that they can't do it or suit someone's tastes for EDM, but I reckon these genres need more bass heavy IEMs to sound "right" (yo my ears, at least). Comparing them to the EPH-100, the VC02 just don't sound as good. If you're looking for budget IEM for that kind of music, I think you should look into the more bass heavy Sony MH1c (they're a lot more expensive nowadays, since the Head-Fi hype) or the T-PEOS D-200 series I'm currently reviewing. These D-200 actually strike a good balance between the VC02 and the MH1c. You should have a look at their dedicated thread...

I have no experience or even know about the CKN70, so I can't help you there.

Mar 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #492 of 791
Quote:

Well, I don't listen to trance, so I really can't say for sure... But judging from their performance with other electronic and dance music I occasionally listen to (The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Justice or Daft Punk are some examples), the VC02 isn't my choice. It's not that they can't do it or suit someone's tastes for EDM, but I reckon these genres need more bass heavy IEMs to sound "right" (yo my ears, at least). Comparing them to the EPH-100, the VC02 just don't sound as good. If you're looking for budget IEM for that kind of music, I think you should look into the more bass heavy Sony MH1c (they're a lot more expensive nowadays, since the Head-Fi hype) or the T-PEOS D-200 series I'm currently reviewing. These D-200 actually strike a good balance between the VC02 and the MH1c. You should have a look at their dedicated thread...

I have no experience or even know about the CKN70, so I can't help you there.

Ok mate, well I've already had the MH1c. Jumped on the hype train when they had just been discovered, and I have to say I hated every minute of owning them. Absolutely unmanageable cable, the dynamics wouldnt even stay in my ears because of it. No matter which tips I tried.

I'm looking for a micro-driver specifically though, because I think BA and Dynamic drivers just dont sound as good with fast paced music like I listen to. Just cant quite keep up with the beats.

Hence why my Ortofon e-Q5s dont get that much use anymore. I only take them out very rarely.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #493 of 791
Quote:

Ok mate, well I've already had the MH1c. Jumped on the hype train when they had just been discovered, and I have to say I hated every minute of owning them. Absolutely unmanageable cable, the dynamics wouldnt even stay in my ears because of it. No matter which tips I tried.

I'm looking for a micro-driver specifically though, because I think BA and Dynamic drivers just dont sound as good with fast paced music like I listen to. Just cant quite keep up with the beats.

Hence why my Ortofon e-Q5s dont get that much use anymore. I only take them out very rarely.

Well, if it's speed you're after, go for the VC02! It's not a big investment either, so even you don't like them, I guess you can easily sell them here...

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #494 of 791
Well, if it's speed you're after, go for the VC02! It's not a big investment either, so even you don't like them, I guess you can easily sell them here...

Yeah I might do mate.

I've been trying to sell some iems for a while now but not much has happened so far.

I'm also really interested in the new ATH CKN70, people seem to be proper loving them right now.

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #495 of 791
I'm looking at these as my next IEM and possibly my entry into the world of HiFi in ears. Coming from the monoprice 8320 what can I expect from these? And correct me if I'm wrong but these almost seem like they'd sound like a Sony mdr-v6? I've found the Sonys to be pretty close to my ideal frequency response, so I'm hoping they come along well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back