VSONIC VC02 Thread
Mar 7, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #511 of 791
Quote:
I bought these back in December and when I demo'd them, one of the channels was intermittent and it took a great deal of time before I got a replacement pair - in the meantime I bought a number of different IEM's so I really didn't add the VC02's to my round-robin carousel of headphones. I burned them in for 20 hours or so, but never listened to them - I bought some Monoprice 8320's in black and some others - It wasn't until a couple of days ago- after I read Joker's review, that I remembered I owned them and so I gave them some time....

WOW - they are really, really good. I was expecting bass on the level (perhaps less) than the monoprice - but no - I am able to get a great deep-insertion seal with these and when I play some of my nicer recorded lossless files, I was blown away - the level of detail and the solid punch of the bass notes caught me off guard. These are just wonderful IEM's. I have always liked the fun, V shaped sound that I get with phones like my IE8's or TF10's - but most of the "neutral" phones I have listened to have left me wanting something more - not so with these. 

I really, really am happy with these and will definitely make sure they get the recommended 100 hours burn now. The bass response is great. I used to do mobile audio - and when I did high end systems for customers, they would always drift to the larger woofers - with ported enclosures. Myself, I would set up my systems with sealed boxes and multiple smaller, 8 or 10" drivers. They were always faster and punchier. They also required more power. These remind me of that sound - tight, not sloppy.

Very nice - I'm glad I have these. Now I'm going to have to find the same sort of sound in a higher end IEM - now that I know that this sound exists - it has to be available at another level.

Cheers.

Perhaps the VSonic GR01? Don't know how it sounds though. Just taking a guess based on the extremely similar appearances.

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #512 of 791
Not sure if I want another TWFK (?) IEM - as I have a UE700 - I was thinking something more along the lines of a $400+ custom - something with 3-4 drivers - go all out, if you know what I mean.

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #516 of 791
Quote:
Perhaps the VSonic GR01? Don't know how it sounds though. Just taking a guess based on the extremely similar appearances.

gr01 is a little brighter and a little more detailed than vc02, but the vc02's stand on their own by being a more fun iem than the gr01, I prefer gr01 when listening to classical and acoustics tracks but the vc02's are more flexible to other genres :)

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #517 of 791
Quote:
I bought these back in December and when I demo'd them, one of the channels was intermittent and it took a great deal of time before I got a replacement pair - in the meantime I bought a number of different IEM's so I really didn't add the VC02's to my round-robin carousel of headphones. I burned them in for 20 hours or so, but never listened to them - I bought some Monoprice 8320's in black and some others - It wasn't until a couple of days ago- after I read Joker's review, that I remembered I owned them and so I gave them some time....

WOW - they are really, really good. I was expecting bass on the level (perhaps less) than the monoprice - but no - I am able to get a great deep-insertion seal with these and when I play some of my nicer recorded lossless files, I was blown away - the level of detail and the solid punch of the bass notes caught me off guard. These are just wonderful IEM's. I have always liked the fun, V shaped sound that I get with phones like my IE8's or TF10's - but most of the "neutral" phones I have listened to have left me wanting something more - not so with these. 

I really, really am happy with these and will definitely make sure they get the recommended 100 hours burn now. The bass response is great. I used to do mobile audio - and when I did high end systems for customers, they would always drift to the larger woofers - with ported enclosures. Myself, I would set up my systems with sealed boxes and multiple smaller, 8 or 10" drivers. They were always faster and punchier. They also required more power. These remind me of that sound - tight, not sloppy.

Very nice - I'm glad I have these. Now I'm going to have to find the same sort of sound in a higher end IEM - now that I know that this sound exists - it has to be available at another level.

Cheers.

The GR01 is the upgrade of these although the performance of GR01 is only slightly better than the VC02, maybe you should wait for Vsonic's new releases they have a habit of making crazy sounding iems for the price! :)))

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #519 of 791
Quote:
The GR01 is the upgrade of these although the performance of GR01 is only slightly better than the VC02, maybe you should wait for Vsonic's new releases they have a habit of making crazy sounding iems for the price! :)))

+1. I really don't know how vsonics does it with all the SQ at very moderate prices. Vsonics is definitely one of my favorite companys.

Mar 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #521 of 791
Quote:
Gr07 MK2 is an upgrade to the vc02
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely an upgrade. The MK2's are fantastic. Love um.

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #522 of 791
Quote:

In fact there are 4 ways to put the earphones on the cable, since both earphones (sides) are technically identical but the logo goes always form left to right, so basically you can can switch the shells around (while the L/R sides remain correct on the cable) and have:

a)
- logo facing forward
- logo facing backward, upside down
b) earphones switched around, L/R remains
- logo facing backward
- logo facing forward, upside down

So, when you're referring to logo upside down, do you mean facing forward or backwards? Is this discussion here in this thread or somewhere else? Thanks a lot - I can't really read 34 pages of forum right now...

upside down, logo facing forward :)

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #525 of 791
Quote:
Why you are not sure if you made the right choice or not? How would you compare them in terms of SQ?

Interested to know too. In any case, I am highly satisfied with them. Going to RMA them and continue using them. Some say it is a bit on the thin side. In my opinion, whilst the high treble has a very slight edge to it, it is overall more on the mildly warm and sweet side of neutral - the way I want it. It excels in upbeat, rhythmic stuff like J-Pop and instrumental jazz. Definitely a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back