VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
May 7, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #856 of 924
Quote:

I wonder what Sony earphones use the same technology as the GRO7, if any?

If it's any clue, GR07's resonant points are exactly like the MDR-EX300-1000 line-up. Not only that, the bio-cellulose configuration was likely bought off from Sony. 

May 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #858 of 924
If it's any clue, GR07's resonant points are exactly like the MDR-EX300-1000 line-up. Not only that, the bio-cellulose configuration was likely bought off from Sony. 

I thought the ex1000 used a liquid crystal polymer diaphragm.

May 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #860 of 924
May 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #861 of 924
Quote:
If you'd be so kind as to work with my ignorance
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/568694/biocellulose-and-its-use-in-headphones-earphones-referring-the-recent-iem-example-vsonic-gr-07-r07

I'm not sure if Sony patented the tech but at the very least they developed it.

May 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #862 of 924

Ahhh that's what I thought, you were referring to another Sony model that uses it. That is one hell of an OP, I just skimmed it but it'll be a good read when I have more time. Thanks for the link.

What I meant with my post is that it seemed like Inks was implying that the EX1000 used a bio-cellulose diaphragm because of it having similar resonance points, but that would imply that Sony was lying when they said that it used a liquid crystal polymer diaphragm. So I'm a little confused is all.

May 10, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #863 of 924
Quote:
Ahhh that's what I thought, you were referring to another Sony model that uses it. That is one hell of an OP, I just skimmed it but it'll be a good read when I have more time. Thanks for the link.

What I meant with my post is that it seemed like Inks was implying that the EX1000 used a bio-cellulose diaphragm because of it having similar resonance points, but that would imply that Sony was lying when they said that it used a liquid crystal polymer diaphragm. So I'm a little confused is all.

EX1000 obviously uses LCP, I never implied that it uses Bio-Cellulose, not my intention sorry. The fact that resonant point match has more do with other aspects, tuning obviously as the diaphragm isn't everything. 

May 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #864 of 924
No probs. That makes sense and I may have misread. I assumed it was tuning too and it is interesting that they share them.

Somehow missed your post days ago.

May 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #865 of 924
Vsonic, if you're listening, I am more than ready to try your V7007 now, sometime this year please would be preferred. :rolleyes:

May 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #867 of 924
Haven't heard a peep from the company in months, I wouldn't hold your breath. It seems the V7007 has gone the way of the X-Jays (yeah, remember that?). For all we know Vsonic may have declared bankruptcy, divested all of its assets, and moved to an Atoll in the middle of the Pacific.

What we do know for sure is that it'll be manufactured at the North Pole by leprachauns using unicorn horns as the special proprietary diaphragm and sprinked with pixie dust to ensure minimal distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back