VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Aug 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #271 of 924
Quote:
My turn to complain:
FLAT CABLE?!? Bleh.
mad.gif

Oh well I'll end up buying a pair anyway, even if I've never met a flat cable I liked.

That, and probably with the cable in red! But then again, if they sound good for a nice price (as expected), I won't complain much... 
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #274 of 924
haha putente it seems u look at all the same threads i do =P

sucks to have to waittt...was hoping to snatch these before going to college... TT~TT hope the wait will the worth it! Exciting stuff!!

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #275 of 924
Quote:
sucks to have to waittt...was hoping to snatch these before going to college... TT~TT hope the wait will the worth it! Exciting stuff!!

I'm all set to buy the new Heir Audio 3.Ai soon as my next upgrade, but these GR08 are still next on the list, if they can meet our expectations! Even if the ETA of October is achieved, I don't think they'll be widely available until the end of November or even just in December, and so I'll have some time to gather some funds for them... 
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #276 of 924
December.... I now have something to go in my letter to Santa!

I have really high hopes for the GR08's. Not too sure about a detachable FLAT cable. I cant really see that that is going to loop around your ear too comfortably.

I also wonder if the connector is going to be the Westone type 2 pin, or something specific to Vsonic? Hopefully it will be a standard style - just thinking from a DIY point of view :D

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #278 of 924
Quote:
December.... I now have something to go in my letter to Santa!

I have really high hopes for the GR08's. Not too sure about a detachable FLAT cable. I cant really see that that is going to loop around your ear too comfortably.

I also wonder if the connector is going to be the Westone type 2 pin, or something specific to Vsonic? Hopefully it will be a standard style - just thinking from a DIY point of view :D

I also share those concerns! I'm not too convinced about the removable flat cable, but as long as the connectors are standard and the GR08 is well priced, the cable shound't be much of a problem, as one can always change it to something better... 
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #279 of 924
Quote:

I also share those concerns! I'm not too convinced about the removable flat cable, but as long as the connectors are standard and the GR08 is well priced, the cable shound't be much of a problem, as one can always change it to something better... 
wink.gif

It seems it isn't meant to be worn over the ear so let's hope for ultra low microphonics.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #280 of 924
Quote:
Yep...I am eagerly waiting for these too, though $320 sounds a bit more expensive for universal, I hope the final price will be below $300

The AKG K3003 cost around $1.300 and are considered by many as the best universals out there. The GR08 have the same driver setup (they even look kinda similar to the AKGs) which makes me think their sound will be similar as well. That said, I wouldn't mind paying $400 for them
tongue.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #282 of 924
Aug 18, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #283 of 924

Shhh. VSonic might me reading this thread!!

Did I say $400? I meant $40! 

biggrin.gif

Don't worry, guys! I believe VSONIC doesn't pay any attention to HF... Their main focus/target seems to be the internal chinese market, and I think that's a good thing, as it keeps their prices down! If they went global, I guess the prices of their products would be higher! And we like having great VSONIC products at low prices... 
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #284 of 924
Any idea who'll be stocking these? It seems like the only way to get VSonics outside China is lendmeurears and frogbeats, hoping they'll have a competitive price.

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #285 of 924
I hope the recent price raise on the GR07 isn't indicative on a pricing increase on the GR08. It has pretty stiff competition from Heir, so Vsonic should try to keep the price down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back