VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Jul 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #241 of 924
Quote:

I noticed the date.  But considering the fact that it might be possible.  I don't know, I guess I was hoping that you were just slacking and that this product was definitely out there.

That's what made it even better. I know several hearts skipped a beat.

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #243 of 924
Quote:
Today I heard some "bitersweet" news:

The R&D team at VSonic had listened to the feedback from Head-Fi and decided to utilize a user-replacable cable in the GR08.
 Due to that, the GR08 will be pushed-back until October.
Other than that, I'm also hearing from my source that there's no such a model called "GR09", nor there is a 6 BA model, sorry to disappoint you.

So glad to hear this. While they`re at it, it would be nice if they could they offer the option of a mic and controls for iPhones, Androids, etc for one of the replacement cables. A lot of people use their phones as music players, so having that option should, at this point, be a given. And if they do, make it a nicer mic with a shirt clip. Actually, what would really be nice would be if the the mic and the split also had a little thingy on them to wrap the cord around. And a pony. They really should include a pony with all purchases. 

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #244 of 924
Any new info? I'm itching to know more about this, the IE800 and the R007 (if it indeed exists) 
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #246 of 924
I've been away a bit, come back to see any news on a definite GR08 release date, and then BAM! - October. "Yay, July!" I had thought.
Here is my resultant half-uneducated sounding rant:

God damn stupid delay for stupid replaceable cables. They've probably been reading the ridiculous whining on the IE800 thread. Ugh!
Not that I'm complaining about replaceable cables, mind you. I just don't think it's that critical. I don't remember seeing one post on this thread saying "They better have replaceable cables or I walk!" You don't see AKG give a crap and they are charging multiples of what this is going to cost... I hope this doesn't raise the price. Ugh!
Anyone with confidence in their products don't let random possible users dictate the terms of a first gen product.

/rant

I've accepted the fact that it was meant to be now being that my birthday is in October and it'll be a nice gift to myself. I just wanted to "yell" in frustration. I'm good now. Thanks for listening.

Jul 22, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #247 of 924
Quote:
I've been away a bit, come back to see any news on a definite GR08 release date, and then BAM! - October. "Yay, July!" I had thought.
Here is my resultant half-uneducated sounding rant:

God damn stupid delay for stupid replaceable cables. They've probably been reading the ridiculous whining on the IE800 thread. Ugh!
Not that I'm complaining about replaceable cables, mind you. I just don't think it's that critical. I don't remember seeing one post on this thread saying "They better have replaceable cables or I walk!" You don't see AKG give a crap and they are charging multiples of what this is going to cost... I hope this doesn't raise the price. Ugh!
Anyone with confidence in their products don't let random possible users dictate the terms of a first gen product.

/rant

I've accepted the fact that it was meant to be now being that my birthday is in October and it'll be a nice gift to myself. I just wanted to "yell" in frustration. I'm good now. Thanks for listening.

No it's actually more intelligent to have feedback from people who are actually gonna be buying the product. Better to improve and possibly eliminate a problem then have people as your beta-testers who are also buying the product. That just leaves a bad taste in your customers mouth. Delaying a product to further improve it is not a negative. If the cable fails then all you gotta do is get a replacement cable instead of an entire new IEM (my dad has gone through 3 IE80 cables already and it is not due to quality control issues). Not too hard to grasp the concept. Also considering the prices these universal IEMs are heading, and compared to Custom IEMs (which most have replaceable cables); it would make sense for the universals to go this route to compete for longevity purposes.

Jul 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #248 of 924
For what it's worth, and it's totally anecdotal, but I've heard/read plenty more stories from removable cables failing at the connection point than fixed cables.  A removable cable is just introducing an additional failure point.  Now you have to worry about connector failure and replacement.  That being said I'm all for removable (I chose the UM3X RC over fixed) as long as it's not the Shure RC abomination. 

BTW, I've found a US DIY'er that has modded plenty of fixed cable IEM's into RC versions.  Cheap and fairly priced too with great results.  An IEM is never done.

That being said, YMMV and so rages the great high end IEM fixed cable versus removable cable never ending debate...

Jul 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #249 of 924
Quote:
For what it's worth, and it's totally anecdotal, but I've heard/read plenty more stories from removable cables failing at the connection point than fixed cables.  A removable cable is just introducing an additional failure point.  Now you have to worry about connector failure and replacement.  That being said I'm all for removable (I chose the UM3X RC over fixed) as long as it's not the Shure RC abomination. 

BTW, I've found a US DIY'er that has modded plenty of fixed cable IEM's into RC versions.  Cheap and fairly priced too with great results.  An IEM is never done.

That being said, YMMV and so rages the great high end IEM fixed cable versus removable cable never ending debate...

Didn't shure's fixed cabled have a lot more failures than the replaceable ones :wink:

Jul 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #250 of 924
Quote:
Didn't shure's fixed cabled have a lot more failures than the replaceable ones :wink:

Oh that's Shure being Shure.  They chose the worst possible plastic to react to skin oils and temperature changes anyone could have.  I use earguides as it both relieves stress on the relief/connector and because it shields cables from skin oils and salty sweat.  Earguides rule unless you wear glasses. 

Jul 22, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #252 of 924
 That being said I'm all for removable (I chose the UM3X RC over fixed) as long as it's not the Shure RC abomination. 

I am with Shane on this. Shure is trying to be clever and use the rounded socket, but that is by far the worst idea of any removable cable. They should have done it like Sony with a screwed lock or just keep it simply with two pins.

Jul 23, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #255 of 924
I wonder how they can get away with such shoddy quality and ridiculous prices. I'm not a shure fan myself that's for sure :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back