VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
May 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #121 of 924
The design looks good, from what I see not too big.
Hopefully it's at least partly metal or very high quality plastic, and not too flimsy.

I'm guessing ClieOS's image is the real deal? As the promo image was meant to be out by yesterday?

Very interesting, a nice group buy discount could reduce the price closer to $300 which will most likely be a great deal.

May 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #124 of 924
I think style-wise these are some nice looking IEMs (and I hope that's real metal, not plastic). The gap showing the cable and the side is a nice touch. However, I fear that decision, along with making the cable flat and red, is a style-over-substance issue. I haven't worn a flat-cabled IEM, so I can't comment on the ergonomics of them, but there seems to be a pretty universal opinion from what I've read that detachable braided cables are the way to go. I realize that kind of cable goes against the more clean industrial look they're going for, but ultimately the cable is for the person wearing it, not other people looking at them. At the very least they could make the cable detachable, with the part that displays the side being the plug of the same colour as the cable. I'm not sure if there's space for the terminals where the wire currently connects, but I'm sure there's a way around that.  I just feel like VSonic has the potential to make this an phenomenal IEM, and I'd hate to see them mess with the ergonomics by pandering to the Beats crowd. 

May 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #125 of 924
gosh i would really like to get my hands on one of these just so i can compare it to the K3003 and my PFE 232...

May 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #126 of 924
I have to admit the pictures have wet my appetite.

May 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #127 of 924
The design looks good, from what I see not too big.
I'm guessing ClieOS's image is the real deal? As the promo image was meant to be out by yesterday?

No more update so far, so I'll assume what I have posted is the final design.

May 2, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #129 of 924
Quote:
Haha!!! Lendmeurears fell for my April Fool's prank...

LOL

But wait, why is my avatar there? The blame is all on eke... 
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #130 of 924
Really like the look of these; but I agree with other skeptics about the flat cable. It'll be wait and see for me. I don't think I will ever be able to settle for a pair at this rate though...

May 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #132 of 924

Users who are viewing this thread

Back