VSONIC GR09
Apr 17, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #46 of 184

Actually it is almost impossible to have same sound with plastic housing as the sound with ceramic housing. Housing is as important as the driver for such top rank sound IEMs. Vsonic do claim that they will manufacture plastic version of gr09 with the same price as ceramic housing gr09 now, around $280. Although the CEO said the sound would keep the same because, I highly doubt it. It is physically almost impossible to achieve this. The last batch of black ceramic housing gr09 will be on April 20th and the number of units will be only 20. After this the ceramic version will still exist after June 30th since there is no longer ceramic stock on market for gr09 housing now. After June 30th the ceramic version will be 2399 rmb (2499 - 100 voucher in official store), which is around $340. Btw, this is the price if you order it in China, and the overseas price is not available yet I think. 
The reviews of gr09 yet are mostly positive even they put it on the around  $800 price range IEMs which is the price range the company says gr09 can stand or even beat. There may exists some hype and the units on the market are pretty rare yet, but considering it is a $280 IEM I think it is certainly a good deal. I finally succeeded to order mine on 15th, the largest release with 120 units. I asked two of my friends in China to help me and I also woke up at 5am to buy it. The units were gone in 1 second and I succeeded to order it across the Pacific Ocean but both of my friends failed in China...

Thanks. So that's it on waiting for GR09. My wallet just turned the other side. Anyway, curious of Your further impressions.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #47 of 184
Just got the news the electroplated version of gr09 will start preorder next month. It should be the version for mass production. Not yet know if it is plastic or ceramic. The company said the sound keeps the same and price is still around $280. Because of the reduction of manufacture cost, they will give a stock cable of PCOCC (single core copper cable). I think such a cable normally has price of at least $100 and since the cable uses mmcx it is convenient to use this cable for other IEMs. Personally I think PCOCC cable is really useful and I use it a lot on my IEMs.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #48 of 184
  Just got the news the electroplated version of gr09 will start preorder next month. It should be the version for mass production. Not yet know if it is plastic or ceramic. The company said the sound keeps the same and price is still around $280. Because of the reduction of manufacture cost, they will give a stock cable of PCOCC (single core copper cable). I think such a cable normally has price of at least $100 and since the cable uses mmcx it is convenient to use this cable for other IEMs. Personally I think PCOCC cable is really useful and I use it a lot on my IEMs.

Electroplated version is plastic housing.

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #49 of 184
What is electroplated? The driver or the housing? Getting lost here...
confused.gif

May 17, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #53 of 184
Just got my Gr09 black ceramic version. For some reasons it took two weeks for shipment from China to US. I have tried mojo, fiio x7&am2a, and iPhone 7. I think it will certainly be a new benchmark on around $300 after mass production. iPhone 7 is not enough to drive it but the sound is still not bad on iPhone 7. It is much easier to drive than gr07x. The sound is kind of perfect on its price range and much better than gr07x.

May 28, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #57 of 184
So, now the time comes to finish Mt preordained on GR09 on Tao. Since there are no so much real impressions. I'm really wondering is it worth the price (now 400usd for ceramic version) over 100usd for gr07 version? And still it is possible to order Hisenior full custom monitors T8 version ( 8 BA drivers per side) on Ali for 499 usd...
Can't make a dessigion weather pull a trigger or not...

May 28, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #58 of 184
So, now the time comes to finish Mt preordained on GR09 on Tao. Since there are no so much real impressions. I'm really wondering is it worth the price (now 400usd for ceramic version) over 100usd for gr07 version? And still it is possible to order Hisenior full custom monitors T8 version ( 8 BA drivers per side) on Ali for 499 usd...
Can't make a dessigion weather pull a trigger or not...

wow that's a pretty crazy price for 8BA customs... buying 16 BA drivers themselves would probably cost that much or more... idk if that is a good thing or a bad thing lol.

Have you done CIEM before? Careful if you can't demo them first - as I learned the hard way, it can be very frustrating waiting a month or two + more if it needs refitting, only to get a sound you don't llike... plus by the time you get them there might be more impressions of GR09

Users who are viewing this thread

Back