Vsonic GR07 v. Sennheiser IE7 v. Etymotic HF5?
Jan 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jcsm

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy IEMs in the $200 range. I've heard good things about these 3 products, but I understand they're very different. A lot of people seem to like the GR07... I've heard the IE7 is good with bass, and that the HF5 are very accurate (though some say lacking in bass response). Thoughts?

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
I'm looking to buy IEMs in the $200 range. I've heard good things about these 3 products, but I understand they're very different. A lot of people seem to like the GR07... I've heard the IE7 is good with bass, and that the HF5 are very accurate (though some say lacking in bass response). Thoughts?

Emphasis added

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 11
Yes, Kyle, they have completely different sonic signatures.  I would appreciate if you would share your experiences and thoughts, rather than your text formatting skills.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 11
I currently have the GR07 and the IE7. I haven't heard the HF5.

IE7: Dark, warm, thick sound signature with great bass impact and texture. Massive soundstage with forward mids. The highs could use some more brightness. Noise isolation isn't that great.

GR07: I consider it to be balanced. Great tone, clarity, and details. The bass doesn't have the greatest impact but it can go very low.No frequency range is particularly dominant. Fantastic 3D imaging and as many people have said already, drums will always sound good. Has better noise isolation.

Different flavors but I like them both.

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 11
My apologies on what must have seemed like a dead-end post, but I actually don't have much else to add, lol. The main point being, you have identified some very good contenders that are excellent at what they do; the question is, what do you want your new headphones to do? What most closely matches your preferred sound signature? And if you don't know, well, then you just gotta jump in 
beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 11
I seem to be in a similar position as jcsm, looking to spend around the same money on IEMs. Now I was wondering how the TF10's compare to the ones already listed, if anyone could elaborate on that it would be much appreciated! :)

Just to give some additional info, I like to listen to a wide range of music from rock, classical to RnB and electronic/IDM music and so on, so it has to be able to work with all of these preferably.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just thought it seemed on topic and similar to your question and thus not worthy of starting a new thread so I'd add my dilemma ^^

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
I seem to be in a similar position as jcsm, looking to spend around the same money on IEMs. Now I was wondering how the TF10's compare to the ones already listed, if anyone could elaborate on that it would be much appreciated! :)

Just to give some additional info, I like to listen to a wide range of music from rock, classical to RnB and electronic/IDM music and so on, so it has to be able to work with all of these preferably.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just thought it seemed on topic and similar to your question and thus not worthy of starting a new thread so I'd add my dilemma ^^

Hey if you're looking for a solid all around performer, I'd point you to the GR07, very nice set of IEMs with a very balanced signature. the HF5s are a bit brighter in their presentation, afaik, but I can't tell you from experience, just keep lookin around.

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #9 of 11
All of those IEMs (Apart from IE7, but IE8 is IIRC) are reviewed extensively by Joker in his mega thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-212-iems-compared-puresound-clarityone-and-phonak-012-added-1-2-12

That's probably the most information you're going to get. It's hard to compare different sound signatures without subjectivity and in the end, all the information is in front of you. It's up to you to choose which you think sounds right to you.

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
All of those IEMs (Apart from IE7, but IE8 is IIRC) are reviewed extensively by Joker in his mega thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-212-iems-compared-puresound-clarityone-and-phonak-012-added-1-2-12

That's probably the most information you're going to get. It's hard to compare different sound signatures without subjectivity and in the end, all the information is in front of you. It's up to you to choose which you think sounds right to you.

^^^^^^^ +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back