Vsonic GR07 or Brainwavz B2
Feb 20, 2012 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

skiam

New Head-Fier
Hello

I am stuck on which earphone i should get...

Music Preference: Classical, pop, hiphop, ballad, acoustic
Want to avoid: excessive bass (I have Ultrasone Pro 900, so bass is not needed)
Price wise, I am okay with both
Comfort: don't really care
Use: Studying, travel, home (everyday)

I will drive them straight through my macbook pro and iPod video 1st Gen.
(Will an amp be needed? Im getting e17 for my Ultrasone Pro900, might use it for these earphones

WHAT's YOUR OPINION???

Thanks

Feb 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 8
Okay I read all the reviews and I still can't decide. Even heard there's a new IEM vsonic  gr01...

Sooo based on my needs, what will be the best? 

All I need is the answer, B2 or Gr07 .....or wait for Gr01...

Feb 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Okay I read all the reviews and I still can't decide. Even heard there's a new IEM vsonic  gr01...

Sooo based on my needs, what will be the best? 

If you like bright sounds with plenty of sparkle, get the B2. If you like a mostly flat, monitor-like sound with good bass that has some rumble that does all types of genres well, get the GR07. If you want to find out how the GR01 sounds, most likely bright due to it being a dual BA config, get the GR01.

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Others will agree with me in saying that both are good options. Keep in mind, however, that the B2 is currently out of stock. You could alternatively get the GR01, which will sound similar to the B2/DBA-02, as they use the same exact drivers, just tuned slightly differently. Of course, I haven't heard the GR01 yet, but LendMeUrEars has said that it is similar to the B2.

It does depend on your preferences, though. The GR07 is quite neutral, while the B2 is noticeably bright. That will be your main differentiator.

I always recommend the GR07 for first timers, though. It will be less likely to strike a nerve with you, as its fit is quite versatile, as with its sound.

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 8
I thought the B2 had better resolving power but I found it overall too lean for me. I thought the GR07 overall nicely balanced with great bass but I was one of those that couldn't quite get used to the sibilance even after break in. You could work out the sibilance with tips but not without other minor sacrifices along for the ride. I did very much like the overall presentation and design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back