Vsonic GR07 or Atrio Pro MG7??
Aug 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

JusticeForAll28

New Head-Fier
Ok... So i've done some mega research on these IEM's. Reading countless threads on each and I really can't make up my mind. Which is the best value for my money? Someone just give me a push in the right direction so I can pull the trigger and order tonight.

The things that worry me about the Atrio's is I read they arn't the most comfy headphones and may have slightly harsh highs (I find I'm very sensitive towards this). But I love the idea of the huge bass they are supposed to have.

The GR07 on the other hand seem perfect except for the sibilance. I think that it may bother me a little bit. But everyone says they sound FANTASTIC.

Arrrgggggg

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
Too late.. I couldnt wait anymore. Went ahead and ordered the Gr07 from lendmeurears!! Hope they come fast!!

Both are excellent phones in their price range.  I think you'll be happy with the GR07's.  They improve with run in time.  I noticed differences after 20 hours or so and I believe the manufacturer recommends 100. 

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 12
Unfortunately the manufacturer recommends 200 =\

Aug 13, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #7 of 12
I can appreciate that they may still change a bit into the 200+ hour mark but it's certainly not necessary to start enjoying them.

OP, I haven't experienced anything above normal with regards to sibilance. I believe you can enjoy what they have to offer an hour or two out of the box and maybe add your extra hours of burn in over night for the next several days to have the treble settle in. Bass response, especially in sub bass, also gets better as the hours rack up.

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #8 of 12
I hope you also hear and like the changes I heard between 100 and 200 hours.

Yea, I get the feeling some people are just much more sensitive to sibilance than others. I'm not particularly sensitive to it and like shotgunshane didn't find them to be anything above normal with regard to sibilance. I also don't think that sibilance and harsh highs (which I'm also sensitive to) are the same thing, which I don't find the GR07's to particularly have either so op can rest easy on that boat. Though I'm coming from the HJE900's so I may be biased on that one.

Aug 13, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #9 of 12
^^ x3 I never really had an issue with my GR07 out of the box either. I burned mine in at night for the first week or so but used them daily and just found they went great to fantastic as they broke in.

Aug 13, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 12
Have had the GR07s for a week.  On first listen was a little concerned by the highs.  Over the past week they have evolved along with my ears and brain.  They are now indeed an awesome transducer and as dweaver has noted similar to the d7000.  Love them.

Aug 13, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 12
Have had the GR07s for a week.  On first listen was a little concerned by the highs.  Over the past week they have evolved along with my ears and brain.  They are now indeed an awesome transducer and as dweaver has noted similar to the d7000.  Love them.

Whoohoo, your the first person to confirm the similarity to the D7000, I wasn't sure if it was just me or not. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back