VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions
Feb 2, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #301 of 310
Thanks man, I appreciate the advice. I've noticed some subtle differences after around 50 hours of burn-in. Mids seem to be getting a bit clearer and less muddy overall. Not sure if I'm just getting used to the sound of these as time goes on lol.

Brain adjustment is the very likely cause. It's like working in a sewer. If it's your job, eventually it's a mild inconvenience, where the first time the smell hits you it'll knock you out.

... you know, if a sewer was sibilance and recessed mids... :)

That said, try different tips, I can produce quite different tonalities with different shapes and dimensions of tips. One pair might be very sharp, another sounds much fuller. Definitely try any tips from other IEMs you may have that fit the stem.

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #302 of 310
Lol, all mids you say.. I'm sure they have more than just mids. Also, that's pretty absurd to spend that much on IEMs. For that price I could get a sick pair of cans.

The reason why I recommended the Shure SE535 is because that's a true mid centric IEM for people who love mids. Here's the link to Innerfidelity's frequency graph of the GR07 Classic: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VSonicGR07Classic.pdf

Hope this frequency graph will give you a good picture on how you want to boost your mids.

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #305 of 310
Depends on how loud you listen to music. Personally, I barely notice it, and I still have perfect hearing up into the 20khz range. If you listen at higher volumes it is definitely going to be more noticable. The VSD1 from what I remember had absolutely no sibilance, and the VSD3S has a bit more than the GR07. I'd say it kind of falls in between those.

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #308 of 310
Frequency generator

Looks like you're one of the rare human species whose ears can audibly pickup 20kHz test tone 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back