VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Nov 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #1,711 of 2,697
  Ahh ...I am not sure if this is driver flex, but driver flex can create all the problems you talk about. Fortunately, Im not losing sound. But every time I put the earbud in and out, I get a sort of crackling sound -- I think it has something to do with the air moving the driver (they are dynamics, so this would make sense). Im not sure about the physics behind it, but im damn sure its driver flex. As for your case, its interesting because you are actually LOSING sound. This could quite possible be driver flex. Just a question, before you lose this sound and after you put them in your ears (normally), do you hear a sort of crackling, popping sound? If so, this could be driver flex, and you seem to have a severe situation of it. Furthermore, the fact that changing the nozzle helps you stop this problem supports the thesis that it may be driver flex. If you let some air escape the seal, you can stop it from happening, which could very well be happening as u change the nozzle. It all makes sense, but that's why im starting up this thread. To see if we can do something about it :)

Thanks. I am familiar with what you are talking about.. I get the crackling/popping driver flex with some of my other iems when inserting or adjusting them. This is different in that I don't get the crackling/popping thing happening with them upon insertion at all - it just seems to be the angle of the driver in my right ear can result in the sound going bye bye until I do some severe readjusting. And only with the Vsonics. Odd! I wish I was only having your "traditional" driver flex issue lol

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #1,712 of 2,697

Thanks. I am familiar with what you are talking about.. I get the crackling/popping driver flex with some of my other iems when inserting or adjusting them. This is different in that I don't get the crackling/popping thing happening with them upon insertion at all - it just seems to be the angle of the driver in my right ear can result in the sound going bye bye until I do some severe readjusting. And only with the Vsonics. Odd! I wish I was only having your "traditional" driver flex issue lol

Im sorry that is troubling then. If you still have warranty on them you should try sending them back -- this sounds particularly painful of a problem and something not common at all so its probably a problem with your pair.

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #1,713 of 2,697
  Im sorry that is troubling then. If you still have warranty on them you should try sending them back -- this sounds particularly painful of a problem and something not common at all so its probably a problem with your pair.

Well like I said, it's been an issue with ALL of my vsonics (BE, VSD1, VSD1LE), so I tend to think it's more to do with the configuration of my right ear and how it plays with vsonics in particular. The good news though is that I can get them adjusted and working for elongated periods of time. So I think I'm OK.

Good luck with your issue though!

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,715 of 2,697
  Can anyone who owns these comment on whether Westone's Star tips can fit on them?

Well they are a tight fit but they do without too much hassle. The bore size on the star tips is a bit too small for the vsonics though, so they aren't the best tips to use with your BE sound-wise.

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #1,716 of 2,697
Has anyone tried RMAing or dealt with VSonic warranty?

My GR07 Bass has gave up the ghost; right driver suddenly went silent, even after babying it, and only scarcely using it for portable purposes. Not enough strain relief perhaps?

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #1,717 of 2,697
After earlier posts regarding burn in time, I posted that around 100+ hours I became very happy with them. I just added the FIIO E 11 Killiminjaro to use with my Android and am very pleased with it....highly recommend ....low cost. I mostly listen to aiff files, transferred to droid through J River. This has worked out very well for me.....although I have no other item's to compare with...all my other best is full size.

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #1,725 of 2,697
Would these be a bad choice for someone prone to fatigue when the highs are too pronounced?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Probably not... once you let them burn in for 300 hours.

Or you could try to snag the VSD1 LE's (limited editions) which have a nice yet non-fatiguing treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back