VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Sep 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #1,441 of 2,697
I'm a bit upset...I got my Gr07 BE for 3 months, I love their sound....but today my right driver is dead...I have to put the nozzle in a particular position or hit it a bit to become active. The sound is unchanged, but I don't know how long/if I can live with this problem or I have to buy new headphones...

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #1,442 of 2,697
That's very unfortunate. Why you don't return them for replacement, or you got a used one?

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #1,443 of 2,697
I'm thinking about this, but I don't know if it's possible. I got them new, from eBay. It's not convenient either to send them to China back from Europe and wait for a new pair. I don't know either if the seller accepts this...

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #1,444 of 2,697
Write the seller and ask him. The shipping should not be more than 10 euro, much better than 130$ for new pair.

Sep 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #1,445 of 2,697
I'm thinking about buying the GR07 Bass Edition, but with the GR07 MK2, I must raise the question which I'm sure has been asked already: should I buy the original bass edition or the MK2? Is the MK2's sound signature different from the original's besides the sibilance reduction? I'm looking to listen to a lot of electronic music (EDM, electronica, etc.) and some acoustic music (and also for use with a live band). I like good bass, but I don't like too much of it, nor too little of it. I was going to order the Bass Edition simply on the fact that the GR07 seemed like it wouldn't have the bass I like (I haven't listened to a pair yet, so I'm just working on hearsay). If someone could help, I'd be very glad!

Sep 10, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #1,446 of 2,697
I'm thinking about buying the GR07 Bass Edition, but with the GR07 MK2, I must raise the question which I'm sure has been asked already: should I buy the original bass edition or the MK2? Is the MK2's sound signature different from the original's besides the sibilance reduction? I'm looking to listen to a lot of electronic music (EDM, electronica, etc.) and some acoustic music (and also for use with a live band). I like good bass, but I don't like too much of it, nor too little of it. I was going to order the Bass Edition simply on the fact that the GR07 seemed like it wouldn't have the bass I like (I haven't listened to a pair yet, so I'm just working on hearsay). If someone could help, I'd be very glad!

The answers are all over this thread. Bass edition has a slight midbass hump and slightly recessed mids. Sounds great for electronic-based music

Sep 11, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #1,448 of 2,697
No one can really tell you if it's too much bass or not besides yourself. Maybe find them on Amazon and order both so you have no issues returning the one you don't like?

And to make your search easier, I had both and sent the BE back...kept the MK2. I like bass and love electronic music and it has plenty for me.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #1,449 of 2,697
Hi all, I've been lurking this thread for a bit and finally decided to buy the GR07 BE edition. I've been burning these baby in for a bit now but have not reach 100 hrs yet. These IEM are what they've been described on this thread. However, I do have a small concern. When I am inserting them into my ear or adjusting them when they are on, the sound cuts off when I apply pressure to them and comes back when I finish inserting them or adjusting them. Is this a common occurrence? It is getting me worry and I am not sure why this is happening. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,450 of 2,697
  Hi all, I've been lurking this thread for a bit and finally decided to buy the GR07 BE edition. I've been burning these baby in for a bit now but have not reach 100 hrs yet. These IEM are what they've been described on this thread. However, I do have a small concern. When I am inserting them into my ear or adjusting them when they are on, the sound cuts off when I apply pressure to them and comes back when I finish inserting them or adjusting them. Is this a common occurrence? It is getting me worry and I am not sure why this is happening. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that... Probably you have read my above posts... this is what happened to me too and how it started and now the right channel is dead. Today it got absolutely dead, not even when I put the nozzle in a certain position.
Does this happen also only to your right channel or both? I really wish it won't happen to you too, but even so, I guess it's not something normal.

At this moment I am resigned they are damaged and I'm thinking of buying new headphones...don't know if to go again with GR07 (cause I loved the sound) or buy something cheaper and hopefully more reliable...

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #1,451 of 2,697
  I'm sorry to hear that... Probably you have read my above posts... this is what happened to me too and how it started and now the right channel is dead. Today it got absolutely dead, not even when I put the nozzle in a certain position.
Does this happen also only to your right channel or both? I really wish it won't happen to you too, but even so, I guess it's not something normal.

At this moment I am resigned they are damaged and I'm thinking of buying new headphones...don't know if to go again with GR07 (cause I loved the sound) or buy something cheaper and hopefully more reliable...

I am sorry to hear, I feel your pain. I had my customs die on me a couple of months ago too.

I think my issue might be slightly different from yours. There is sound coming from both left and right buds when they are not in my ears. The sound cuts off when I am applying pressure to them to adjust them in my ear to get a good fit but after I lift the pressure off them the sound comes back. The only thing that I can think of that is causing this is that the flanges is being squeeze close when I am apply pressure to the buds when fitting them and then they open up after I lift the pressure that I used to push them into my ears. I just purchase these from amazon last week too. So if this is an issue I can still return them but I am hoping that it is not and I can keep them because I do not want to go through the trouble of returning them and then reordering them. 

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #1,452 of 2,697
If you play bass-guitar or drums live, you'll probably prefer the BE for monitoring.  I've tried both current versions and they are very similar except the BE has a 2-3dB bump in the mid-upper bass and as a result the mids appear slightly recessed, but more warm overall.  The BE is a bit more fun and engaging but the MKII is the better all-arounder as it's more neutral and would be the best choice for acoustic, or monitoring guitar and vocals.  Still, the BE will not be bad in those areas either.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #1,454 of 2,697

Users who are viewing this thread

Back