VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Aug 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #1,414 of 2,697
Would you guys recommend these over the JVC FXT90? I mainly listen to fast progressive instrumental metal.

I sold the 90s shortly after I got my BEs bc IMO the vsonics are more versatile. The 90s are super fun but the BEs are fun and they're more balanced in terms of genre reproduction.

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #1,415 of 2,697
Quote:
Would you guys recommend these over the JVC FXT90? I mainly listen to fast progressive instrumental metal.

They're actually quite good for this genre specifically from my experience, but I can't say I've heard the FXT90 to make comparisons and from what I've read about the two it's hard to say.  Depends on your sound priorities and preferences - check out Joker's IEM thread if you haven't already, as he has reviewed both: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-293-iems-compared-etymotic-research-ety-kids-added-08-12-13-p-748 He compares the FXT90 to the original GR07 in it's review quite a bit, so if you consider the differences between them and the BE you'll get an idea of how they should stack up.  All the GR07 models are tuned very close to one another, so the overall sound and presentation is quite similar.  I think I recall some other people here that also have the FXT90 so they may chime in, but I suspect you'd be satisfied with either. 
etysmile.gif

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #1,416 of 2,697
Quote:
I sold the 90s shortly after I got my BEs bc IMO the vsonics are more versatile. The 90s are super fun but the BEs are fun and they're more balanced in terms of genre reproduction.

Quote:
They're actually quite good for this genre specifically from my experience, but I can't say I've heard the FXT90 to make comparisons and from what I've read about the two it's hard to say.  Depends on your sound priorities and preferences - check out Joker's IEM thread if you haven't already, as he has reviewed both: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-293-iems-compared-etymotic-research-ety-kids-added-08-12-13-p-748 He compares the FXT90 to the original GR07 in it's review quite a bit, so if you consider the differences between them and the BE you'll get an idea of how they should stack up.  All the GR07 models are tuned very close to one another, so the overall sound and presentation is quite similar.  I think I recall some other people here that also have the FXT90 so they may chime in, but I suspect you'd be satisfied with either. 
etysmile.gif

Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered the GR07 BE. I think the balanced nature of the BE will be more beneficial when using them as monitors when playing instruments in my home studio.

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #1,417 of 2,697
Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered the GR07 BE. I think the balanced nature of the BE will be more beneficial when using them as monitors when playing instruments in my home studio.

I don't think you'll regret it!

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #1,419 of 2,697
^ Just wrap the cord around three fingers and put it all in, it will never come out by itself.

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #1,420 of 2,697
I got myself some GR07 BE's yesterday, to me they sound great right out of the box, Plenty of quality bass without muddying up the mids which are well balanced, the treble is perfect for me, detailed enough without being too harsh also very little silibance that i can hear. Im new to IEM's so the biggest downfall to me is the soundstage, my HE-400's have a MUCH wider soundstage but i guess that is to be expected?. Im still trying to find the best tip and nozzle angle for my ears, so far i like the blue tips that have the foam insert in them, are these hybrids? If these sound that much better with Burn-in as people are suggesting then im in for a treat :)  They run great off my Fiio E17 aswell
L3000.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,422 of 2,697
Just received mine. First impressions are not so good. I prefer the sound from my M2 with over 2000 hours but I'll give the GR07 a proper burn in before coming to any conclusions. 

EDIT: Wow. I take that back. I love these!

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #1,423 of 2,697
Quote:
Just received mine. First impressions are not so good. I prefer the sound from my M2 with over 2000 hours but I'll give the GR07 a proper burn in before coming to any conclusions. 

EDIT: Wow. I take that back. I love these!

You'll take that back few more times, believe me. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #1,425 of 2,697
Mine just came in yesterday!  I got the clearance sale at http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?products_id=54

Sure it took two weeks to get here from Singapore but it was worth it.  I paid roughly the same for these as my AT-M50s (probably 15 more for the GR07 BE) and these are in a competition for what I listen to while traveling.

I have not really owned very many quality IEMs, the Klipsch S4i being the only decent ones Ive ever owned.  I will say though that these blow the Klipschs out of the water and are less than twice as expensive. 

My main comparison is between M50s and the GR-07 BE, I would say that they are relatively similar but initially it seems as though the GR-07 BEs are winning across the board, not by much, but they have more isolation, better perceived bass response and even a more enjoyable sound stage as far as I am concerned.  The M50s are more sibliant than the GR-07 BE at least from what I can tell so far.  Comfort wise is kind of a toss up but Id probably take the IEMs. 

All of that being said...I still prefer to listen to my AKG k702 anniversary's more than either. 

I was doing all of my listening out of my Fostex HP-P1, so perhaps it is just a much better match to the GR-07 BE than the M50s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back