VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Apr 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #887 of 2,697
^ lol. You love continuing to torture 'ol sfwalcer, don't you!

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #888 of 2,697
I have the jvc fxz200 and let's just say....they don't stand a chance :D

yeppp that was the case like 3 weeks ago, I wasn't really digging them that much cuz the bass was kinda slow and felt that a set of speakers constantly blasting at you. But the bass has toned down and the speed has increased allowing the mids and highs to finally shine a bit more and these FXZ200s are seriously kicking up some crazy dust. Might have to revise my impressions cuz they are sounding so mad nice now. The sound is more laid back and more natural sounding than these gr07 BEs but that sub woofer is no joke meng. They are coming along nicely, these gr07 BEs better watch out.

^ lol. You love continuing to torture 'ol sfwalcer, don't you!

These gr07 BEs are more energetic but the FXZ200s have that big headphone sound that even best some actual headphones in bass quantity and now it seems in quality as well. Man really digging them now, I think these gr07 BEs made me appreciate their natural sound presentation more, and with more burn in these might best the gr07 BEs. I have a feeling they will, damn that pesky ghost was right on about these 200s. They are truly the dark horse in this iem race. WoW!!!

Oh mochill don't use the auvio tips no more the stock tips sounds the best, went back to stock and I now know what I was missing out on. The sound is much more balanced with more forward mids and highs.

Apr 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #890 of 2,697
I also went back to stock and found the fxz200 to sound phenominal :) but still not on the gr07 bass edition level and I bet the gr07 bass edition well also improve with more burn in :D

they are different flavors that for sure, but if you want that crazy subbass kick the FXZ200 is tops for any iem, plus the bass quality is improving as well makes them pretty scary sounding.

The gr07 BEs are detail and texture monsters, and is truly a lovely iem but I think I can live without them now due to the recent improvements of the 200s. Plus I have the CKN70s which is similar sounding to these gr07 BEs, so I got both of the extremes, while these gr07 BEs are right in the middle sounding just right.

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #891 of 2,697
they are different flavors that for sure, but if you want that crazy subbass kick the FXZ200 is tops for any iem, plus the bass quality is improving as well makes them pretty scary sounding.

The gr07 BEs are detail and texture monsters, and is truly a lovely iem but I think I can live without them now due to the recent improvements of the 200s. Plus I have the CKN70s which is similar sounding to these gr07 BEs, so I got both of the extremes, while these gr07 BEs are right in the middle sounding just right.

You can't live without them silly... what other iems can you sleep with while wearing? That's one reason I'll be keeping mine.

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #892 of 2,697
You can't live without them silly... what other iems can you sleep with while wearing? That's one reason I'll be keeping mine.

I try to not sleep with stuff sticking in my ears cuz I don't want to go deaf. :D

But yeah I do want these gr07 BEs bad, and will continue to lust after them. But I can hold out since they just look so damn cheap. Haha Dat Chinese design is just so 3rd world feeling.

Will get them if the price is right, no rush. I like them better than the CKN 70s and the xba3s soundwise that's for sure but now is not set in stone regarding how they compared to the FXZ200s. These two are slow burners it seems, just like those ath 1Ks as well.

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #893 of 2,697
Quote:
I try to not sleep with stuff sticking in my ears cuz I don't want to go deaf.
biggrin.gif

I turn the volume down quite a ways, and use a sleep timer to shut off the tunes after an hour. But even if I turn my head on it's side, for some reason the be's don't get loud in my ear. So, it's all good.

Quote:
But yeah I do want these gr07 BEs bad, and will continue to lust after them. But I can hold out since they just look so damn cheap. Haha Dat Chinese design is just so 3rd world feeling.

Will get them if the price is right, no rush. I like them better than the CKN 70s and the xba3s soundwise that's for sure but now is not set in stone regarding how they compared to the FXZ200s. These two are slow burners it seems, just like those ath 1Ks as well.

I got the 1k's with 150 hours already on them, and they rocked at that point like they were on after burners 
smile.gif
  It's possible that they had more than 150 hours on them though.

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #895 of 2,697
Hello. Just received my GR07 BE today. Won't burning in at full volume for 300+ hours straight damage the earphones? And what tracks can i use for burn in? Thanks

First post btw =D

just use the most bass heavy tracks you got, loop them and blast them at max volume on your mp3 players etc. I think it is best to burn 100 hrs straight at a time so you can experience the changes through out the burn in process. But that is just me though, cuz it makes it more interesting, and I am sure burning these for 300hrs straight is fine.

Great 1st post btw.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #896 of 2,697
I got mine yesterday.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #899 of 2,697
Quote:
So what kinda music do you guys listen to? I am looking to purchase a set of these, but it seems like the few people who are really into these like bass heavy music.

That's why I personally like the MKII better. I listen to a lot of genres, and I found the MKII to work better during my ADHD-induced music shuffling.

I don't think the GR07 needs any more bass, but the BE satisfies those who want more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back