VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Dec 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #92 of 2,697
After using my SM3 continuously for the past 2 weeks, I switched back to my GR07 and was instantly mesmerized. They offer a different sound signature compared to my SM3s and provides a whole new perspective. If the SM3s are technical and enveloping, I would say the GR07 bass edition are enjoyable and fun. With these 2 great IEMs complimenting each other. I am starting to think my BA200s are redundant.

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #93 of 2,697
My GR07 Bass Edition have approximately 50 hours of burn-in on them now, probably about 30 hours of that being with high dB pink noise and the other 20 while actively listening to music at normal volumes.  Even out of the box they already sounded fantastic but I can already tell they are opening up a bit.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #94 of 2,697
I've finally gotten a chance to try the GR07-BE out this morning, and I think they sounded pretty incredible out of the box.  I've since had them burning-in for most of the day and will let them go overnight before trying them again tomorrow.  Should be interesting to see how much they improve after the varous stages of burn in.  I already know it's definitely a keeper for me and will likely be my daily driver as far as IEMs go. 
etysmile.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #95 of 2,697
A question for people having had the MKII and the BE:

A gr07 will be my first good IEM. I mostly listen to music like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, radiohead, arctic monkeys, coldplay, U2, mutemath.

Will the BE or MKII suit me best?

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #96 of 2,697
Quote:

A gr07 will be my first good IEM. I mostly listen to music like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, radiohead, arctic monkeys, coldplay, U2, mutemath.

I can't speak for the MKII, as I've only heard a fairly new (i.e. not fully burned in) BE, but I have listened to some various Radiohead yesterday, and just a bit ago I tried some MuteMath (hadn't listened to them in a while, thanks!), some tracks off U2's War and early era RHCP, and I can say I'm quite pleased!  I'm running them off an E11 from my Cowon J3 with no EQ settings (testing their versatility between genres before any further tweaking) and they've given amazing results so far.  I think Azathoth said it the best in his comparison:

On the Bass edition:

"Now this is the one that deviates the most from the core GR07 sound. Bass lovers will definitely enjoy these, as the altered tuning adds more kick to the low end. Extension is about the same though. A bit of the bass now creeps in the mids, but don't mistake this for a midbass hump, it's a rather enjoyable sense of weight and murk that lends more authority to vocals among its strengths.

So here's the bottom line. The bass edition was clearly intended to be a more "fun" version of the GR07 and will cater to those craving for rumbling, cavernous bass. In that respect VSONIC has succeeded without compromising what I enjoy about the trademark '07 midrange too much. For the detail and accuracy freaks, you'd be well served by the MK2."

So, MKII if you want a more analytical sound, BE if you want a more low end based fun factor.  I honestly don't see the bass as being overkill nor can I imagine wanting more.  Definitely more bass emphasis than my RE-ZERO, and less than my Atrio MG7 -  I personally find it quite perfect for most of my musical taste.

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #97 of 2,697
Quote:

I enjoy similar music to you and I can honestly say that Arctic Monkeys, specifically Leave Before the Lights Come On and Old Yellow Bricks, sound really good through the 07 BE.  My ears are having so much with the drum beat albeit still rings some slight discomfort as I still hear sibilance in the snares with a loud guitar note at the same time. I'm through 115 hours of burn in by the way.

EDIT: Decided to give Brianstorm a listen. I was astonished at the drop around 0:26. WOW!

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #98 of 2,697
The sibilance is lessening over time it seems...I have roughly 30-40 hours of burn in currently, and it seems less harsh to me than my early impressions.  It really does vary from artist to artist, track to track in some cases.  I do have a good bit of 'aggressive' music in the mix, so it was to be expected 
tongue.gif
  These can handle it well!

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #99 of 2,697
Well after using and enjoying my GR07 mk1s for the better part of 18 months, I've decided I want a bit more low end out of my iPod Touch 5g (unamped) for on the go listening.  I've been using a Fiio e11 or e17 at home w/ them and they both can add a bit of low end without compromising the rest of the spectrum but that makes me miss the amp when I'm out and about or at the gym.  So I did a bit of research and have ordered a pair of BEs off Amazon with a gift card I got for Christmas.  It seems like these will solve my problem.  :)  Can't wait to get them Friday.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #100 of 2,697
I didn't see any BE's on amazon, US amazon?

Nevermind- found them on page 2

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #102 of 2,697
Quote:

Really?  I just searched GR07 Bass and it was the second item, for sale by MP4Nation shipped by Amazon.  :)  No second page necessary.

Just searched for GR07 (forgot the Bass) but thanks and they are ordered - be here Friday - hope my Headstage Amp isn't far behind.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #103 of 2,697
Quote:
Well after using and enjoying my GR07 mk1s for the better part of 18 months, I've decided I want a bit more low end out of my iPod Touch 5g (unamped) for on the go listening.  I've been using a Fiio e11 or e17 at home w/ them and they both can add a bit of low end without compromising the rest of the spectrum but that makes me miss the amp when I'm out and about or at the gym.  So I did a bit of research and have ordered a pair of BEs off Amazon with a gift card I got for Christmas.  It seems like these will solve my problem.  :)  Can't wait to get them Friday.

Add a little E6 to that touch or use the Equilizer App

Users who are viewing this thread

Back