VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
May 30, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #2,536 of 2,697
  Great, can't wait. From what I've gathered these do a well-defined neutral(or natural as some still call it) sound better than most or all the competition.

I'm sure you'll love them. There are better ones out there today, and the GR07/BE aren't my favorite anymore, but they're still one of the IEMs at the top of the class in the price range.

May 30, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #2,537 of 2,697

I'm sure you'll love them. There are better ones out there today, and the GR07/BE aren't my favorite anymore, but they're still one of the IEMs at the top of the class in the price range.

Feel free to tell me about the IEMs you had in mind, I'm always on the lookout for something better.

That said I know a part of what makes an IEM appreciated is how it flatters or sweetens a range of recordings. AFAIK GR07BE doesn't make such compromises. Basically I wanna hear what the engineer heard in the control room. This implies large treated rooms with large speakers that have a coherent, held together and precise sound. I'm a musician and I need to be able to hear into the mix to pick out instrument parts, if I need to. Emphasis on if I need to, truly analytical 'phones can makes ear fatigue kick in rather fast. Fantastic detail resolution a la HD800, is another quality that I will allow take a step back on if my primary requirements are met. These will second as tracking headphones, stage monitors and mix monitors.

I'm thinking about about what cheap IEMs to suggest friends that perform and produce music. The VSD1 and Zero tenore (slightly laid back highs)look like valid choices, what do you think?

May 30, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #2,538 of 2,697
Feel free to tell me about the IEMs you had in mind, I'm always on the lookout for something better.

That said I know a part of what makes an IEM appreciated is how it flatters or sweetens a range of recordings. AFAIK GR07BE doesn't make such compromises. Basically I wanna hear what the engineer heard in the control room. This implies large treated rooms with large speakers that have a coherent, held together and precise sound. I'm a musician and I need to be able to hear into the mix to pick out instrument parts, if I need to. Emphasis on if I need to, truly analytical 'phones can makes ear fatigue kick in rather fast. Fantastic detail resolution a la HD800, is another quality that I will allow take a step back on if my primary requirements are met. These will second as tracking headphones, stage monitors and mix monitors.

I'm thinking about about what cheap IEMs to suggest friends that perform and produce music. The VSD1 and Zero tenore (slightly laid back highs)look like valid choices, what do you think?
Kz ed9, $35.00 can be found at Amazon. Outperforms iems twice that much. Very detailed, spacious soundstage, everything really.

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #2,542 of 2,697
  You have to give a chance to Fidue A83 :wink: With required budget also

Did you try it?.....The fit is not for everyone and sound cuts also often complained by some owners....even some bought after market shure compatible cables to fix that issue.....

but what he said was with BE price point and his preferences,he cldn't find one that outperforms....

btw, BE cld be purchased for $120 atm but A83 is close to $350, with AM cable combined, and is almost close to 300% the BE's price.... :xf_eek:

with A83's new generation dual BA + 1 dynamic and it's price against older BE (released 2-3 years ago?) it is expected to perform well,obviously.....

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #2,543 of 2,697
  You have to give a chance to Fidue A83 :wink: With required budget also

Those won't fit my ears.  For some reason, I cannot wear the headphones that are shaped like that (Shure 215's don't fit at all) with the cable in that location.  It's weird, but that little piece of my ear in front of the canal makes it so the headphone will not sit flush against my ear.  The VSonics fit me perfect, which is why I tend to not sway from their product line much anymore.  

And I mainly use IEMs at the gym and running, so I'm definitely not getting a 300 dollar pair for that anyway.  $125 a pop is about as rich as I go on IEMs.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #2,544 of 2,697

Those won't fit my ears.  For some reason, I cannot wear the headphones that are shaped like that (Shure 215's don't fit at all) with the cable in that location.  It's weird, but that little piece of my ear in front of the canal makes it so the headphone will not sit flush against my ear.  The VSonics fit me perfect, which is why I tend to not sway from their product line much anymore.  

And I mainly use IEMs at the gym and running, so I'm definitely not getting a 300 dollar pair for that anyway.  $125 a pop is about as rich as I go on IEMs.

What tips you are comfortable with? (especially for gym and running that you mostly use BE).....coz to most of GR07 owners, the fit is an issue and many preferred sony hybrids too....

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #2,546 of 2,697
  What tips you are comfortable with? (especially for gym and running that you mostly use BE).....coz to most of GR07 owners, the fit is an issue and many preferred sony hybrids too....

I use the stock ones that actually come with the headphones.  I was so pissed a while back when I lost one of them, but I found a seller on eBay that actually had official VSonic replacements.

I can also use them with the Sony Hybrids (with the white cores) without a problem but I prefer the slightly longer official tips.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #2,547 of 2,697

I use the stock ones that actually come with the headphones.  I was so pissed a while back when I lost one of them, but I found a seller on eBay that actually had official VSonic replacements.

I can also use them with the Sony Hybrids (with the white cores) without a problem but I prefer the slightly longer official tips.

Yeah,the stock M ones works well to me and now rolled on re-400's hobbit bi-flanges......

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #2,548 of 2,697
  Using Klipsch oval double flanges but I have no A83

Yeah, that's also a nice fit to me, but now using the re-400's bi's.....ordered very cheapo 3 pairs sony style (not original,mind you :wink: ) tips and might have it delivered 3/4th week of this month.....hope so.

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #2,550 of 2,697
Bass probably will be ok for you but there is no hope for wind noise cancellation I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back