VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Sep 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2,328 of 2,697
so im getting this muffled sound on my right (of my be) and when i press the iem itself it gets more muffled it seems. a few weeks ago i had intermittent sound coming out of the right side too. 

im hoping its not, but could this be a symptom of a failing driver? and how do i check whether this is a cable or driver issue?

tia

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #2,330 of 2,697
so im getting this muffled sound on my right (of my be) and when i press the iem itself it gets more muffled it seems. a few weeks ago i had intermittent sound coming out of the right side too. 

im hoping its not, but could this be a symptom of a failing driver? and how do i check whether this is a cable or driver issue?

tia

cld be more wax discharge/clogged in your rt ear canal than left....q-tips/earbuds to clean:wink:
And like mochill quoted chk the nozzle filter/ grill / mesh and the silicon tip/ ear sleeve as well, if its being used for long time...:D

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #2,331 of 2,697
ty for the reply guys but its not wax build up in my ears nor the iems. any other plausible explanation, especially coupled with the intermittent loss of sound i experienced ( and a few of my friends confirmed) the other week?

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #2,332 of 2,697
  ty for the reply guys but its not wax build up in my ears nor the iems. any other plausible explanation, especially coupled with the intermittent loss of sound i experienced ( and a few of my friends confirmed) the other week?

Driver malfunction is unlikely, they usually last practically forever. Usually when there are such issues the culprit is the cable but you are still getting sound, it's just muffled. It might be moisture captured inside the shell.

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #2,333 of 2,697

tia

Happen with different tips? I have a similar experience, push on the right iem; sound goes away. Seem like the prob is the tip is getting pinched off against my ear canal. Also try moving the nozzle and see if that helps.

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #2,335 of 2,697
How heavy is the bass in the GR07BE? I've seen a review that the sound signature is kinda similar to the V Moda M100.

I think the VModa has heavier bass but it runs into the mids more. The texture and quality of the bass is nicer on the GR07BE. It hard to compare cans to IEMs but the sound is somehat similar and good for similar music

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #2,337 of 2,697
Do they still rumble & punch hard though?

I would say the sub bass is better and the quality of the bass is better. I don't think there's a shortage of bass unless you're a bass head

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #2,338 of 2,697
I would say the sub bass is better and the quality of the bass is better. I don't think there's a shortage of bass unless you're a bass head

I am a basshead but I don't like overpowering bass like beats by dre or anything like that. I like bass thats kinda leading to V moda M100, Bowers & Wilkins P7 or Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear. 

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #2,339 of 2,697
I am a basshead but I don't like overpowering bass like beats by dre or anything like that. I like bass thats kinda leading to V moda M100, Bowers & Wilkins P7 or Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear. 

There's beats then there's other stuff like the JVC cans which I didn't like, bass cannons which the GR07BE isn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Back