VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jul 17, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #2,268 of 2,697
Hi guys,

I'm from London in the UK.

I know this isn't the right place to post this, but if any knows the answer to this questions I figured you guys would.

the cabling on my VSonic GR07s have gone by the jack.

Now, I have previously just got new pairs of phones when this has happened to my old phones like my X10s or Atrio M5s, but I love these babies so much I can't bare to be without them.

Is there a recommended HeadFier person or place here in the UK that can be so kind as to fix it for me.

I'm no DIYer - far from it - but to those in the know, this is a relatively straight forward job.

I just want the joy, these phones bring me.

Thanks for any help/info given.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #2,269 of 2,697
Hi guys,

I'm from London in the UK.

I know this isn't the right place to post this, but if any knows the answer to this questions I figured you guys would.

the cabling on my VSonic GR07s have gone by the jack.

Now, I have previously just got new pairs of phones when this has happened to my old phones like my X10s or Atrio M5s, but I love these babies so much I can't bare to be without them.

Is there a recommended HeadFier person or place here in the UK that can be so kind as to fix it for me.

I'm no DIYer - far from it - but to those in the know, this is a relatively straight forward job.

I just want the joy, these phones bring me.

Thanks for any help/info given.

try btg cable..he does gr07 on request but the cost of freight to & fro will be a costly affair if you wish to send him....below is a link,take a look.

http://www.btg-audio.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=173641169

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #2,270 of 2,697
If I were you,I'll just source a 3.5mm jack locally or from ebay, find a service guy locally and give him the task.....its a matter of 5-10mins job.....btw,you sure its the jack that went bad?

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #2,271 of 2,697
It's the classic cutout of signal in one ear. I have to bend it back to get sound in both ears.

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #2,272 of 2,697
Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for their impressions on the GR07 BE's.

I received mine today and I love the fit. I haven't tried any other tips than the pre-installed stock tips, but once in they seal and don't budge. Love them being flat against the ears, will be great for sleeping.

Compared to the GR02 BE's I have, i'm finding better sounding bass, instrument separation is more evident in some songs and the soundstage is a bit bigger. It's not a huge difference overall, they're both bloody good iem's. The GR02 is more sibilant prone, BUT i'm finding the highs in the GR07 to be the least interesting in a song whereas the GR02 seems more well rounded? The highs in the GR07 seem somewhat depressed or shifted out of the way in preference to the mids and bass, the highs in the GR02 seek my attention for better or worse. I think i'm losing out on detail in that area on the GR07.

Anyway that's my impression using the stock installed black tips and pre burn in. I'll swap the tips around tomorrow and see if I can get the highs to come out a bit.

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #2,273 of 2,697
Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for their impressions on the GR07 BE's.

I received mine today and I love the fit. I haven't tried any other tips than the pre-installed stock tips, but once in they seal and don't budge. Love them being flat against the ears, will be great for sleeping.

Compared to the GR02 BE's I have, i'm finding better sounding bass, instrument separation is more evident in some songs and the soundstage is a bit bigger. It's not a huge difference overall, they're both bloody good iem's. The GR02 is more sibilant prone, BUT i'm finding the highs in the GR07 to be the least interesting in a song whereas the GR02 seems more well rounded? The highs in the GR07 seem somewhat depressed or shifted out of the way in preference to the mids and bass, the highs in the GR02 seek my attention for better or worse. I think i'm losing out on detail in that area on the GR07.

Anyway that's my impression using the stock installed black tips and pre burn in. I'll swap the tips around tomorrow and see if I can get the highs to come out a bit.

They say you should burn these in for a minimum of 100 hours before really judging sound quality. The overall spectrum will be more to your liking. I just left mine plugged into a mp3 playing random and looping for a few days.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #2,274 of 2,697
Hi all. Hopefully this is the right place to put it, but im looking for a pair of headphones comparable to the gr07 be. I know people on this forums say its hard to compare iems to full size headphones but i really love the sound of the gr07s. All help appreciated.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #2,275 of 2,697
Hi all. Hopefully this is the right place to put it, but im looking for a pair of headphones comparable to the gr07 be. I know people on this say its hard to compare iems to full size headphones but i really love the sound of the gr07s. All help appreciated.

My TH600s sound similar to my GR07BE. Bass reaches pretty deep. Mids slightly recessed and highs extending just to the edges of sibilance. Both have bio cellulose drivers

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #2,276 of 2,697
My TH600s sound similar to my GR07BE. Bass reaches pretty deep. Mids slightly recessed and highs extending just to the edges of sibilance. Both have bio cellulose drivers

Woah that $ tag!!  They look awesome and I wish I could afford them but sadly can not.  Hopefully you or someone else can help me in this regard.  Looking between $100-200 for budget. 

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #2,277 of 2,697
Woah that $ tag!!  They look awesome and I wish I could afford them but sadly can not.  Hopefully you or someone else can help me in this regard.  Looking between $100-200 for budget. 

lol that's what I thought at the start of this hobby buying at budget and all going through many headohones trying out all sorts. Now looking for cans with no budget in mind and maybe upgrading to TH900s or even more summit fi. Get out while you can :)

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #2,278 of 2,697
Hi all. Hopefully this is the right place to put it, but im looking for a pair of headphones comparable to the gr07 be. I know people on this forums say its hard to compare iems to full size headphones but i really love the sound of the gr07s. All help appreciated.

m-100 as close as it can get i think, but at 300$ price tag.

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #2,279 of 2,697
Also try the Creative Aurvanas 1 and 2 whuch are much cheaper. Although they're much darker than the GR07BE, in a way the signature is similar in that its got a decent bass, recessed mids and a somewhat u shaped signature but the CALs are much more polite in the treble regions. They also have biocellulose drivers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back