VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Dec 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,861 of 2,697
  update: a day after, tried today again the gr07 with the yellow tips and so far so good, just the color is horrifying ..  any way to find something at the same size but different color ? 
and can you please give me a link to ebay or amazon for the shure olives that fits the gr07 and what size is good for considering the yellow is my size?

Those tips are emulating Sony Hybrids with a reversed color scheme on the newer sets.  Perhaps you can find someone who has an older BE or MK II that has the black tips with the interior color?  You may be able to find someone who is willing to trade or who may just send them to you - I would have no charge if I still had them because I don't use that size.  I previously had an earlier BE with the first style hybrid tips.  Alternatively there are the official Sony Hybrids, but I don't think you can buy the full set, just a set of 4 that doesn't include the yellow size.  I'd advise putting up a wanted ad in the classifieds for 'Vsonic or Sony Hybrid - Yellow Size'.

Original Sony Hybrids:

You can only find new sets that include the red, orange, green and light blue sizes unfortunately - the full sets came with the EX600/EX1000 IEMs.

Early GR07 MKII/BE hybrids:

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #1,862 of 2,697
Thanks a lot for the info, that great idea considering that i don't have any need for the other sizes.. 
are the size of small medium (yellow) are equal to all companies or i am just an optimist?

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #1,863 of 2,697
  Thanks a lot for the info, that great idea considering that i don't have any need for the other sizes.. 
are the size of small medium (yellow) are equal to all companies or i am just an optimist?

They should be the same, at least when I was at my first meet with my former BE, I had compared the tips to another person's EX1000 tip set and they all seem very consistent.  The only exception is that the genuine Sony Hybrids are a bit softer and more comfortable comparatively.  I currently have the newer Vsonic tips and the smaller set of Sony Hybrids and the corresponding tips are the same size as well.

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #1,864 of 2,697
you misunderstood me, i am asking only about the sizes and not only about sony, i want to know if there is a sync between the companies for the sizes for example does the sm of sony is the same size of comply sm ? or every company has it own sizes and if i want to try a new company the only way is try and error ?

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #1,865 of 2,697
  you misunderstood me, i am asking only about the sizes and not only about sony, i want to know if there is a sync between the companies for the sizes for example does the sm of sony is the same size of comply sm ? or every company has it own sizes and if i want to try a new company the only way is try and error ?

Ah, I see.  I think most companies have sizing that is going to be pretty close, but limited to a S, M, L, XL from what I've seen (including Comply).  I typically use M tips of any kind and it's been pretty consistent with every manufacturer.  Foams like Comply may have a wider size range with each tip size.  AFAIK, Vsonic and Sony are the only ones who have made sizes in-between the standards (SS, MS, ML etc.).

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #1,866 of 2,697
  Same here as well, slight discomfort in right ear but left is fine.

Now I rotate the housing anti-clockwise a little before insertion and it goes in my ear normally instead of jutting out. Works for my ear. If anti-clockwise doesn't work, try clock-wise.

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #1,867 of 2,697

Now I rotate the housing anti-clockwise a little before insertion and it goes in my ear normally instead of jutting out. Works for my ear. If anti-clockwise doesn't work, try clock-wise.

I have found that this works for me as well, depending on the sleeve I'm using, but feels more like a work around than a fix. I will find a sleeve that fits my right ear better.

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #1,872 of 2,697
can anyone clarify once again whether mk2 is same as mk2 classic??
if thats the case we need an explanation from vsonic for creating confusion among ppl by selling both these buds simultaneously on the same sites??

Dec 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #1,873 of 2,697
  can anyone clarify once again whether mk2 is same as mk2 classic??
if thats the case we need an explanation from vsonic for creating confusion among ppl by selling both these buds simultaneously on the same sites??

There is no telling until Vsonic makes an official statement.  There was speculation that the driver may be different but it's never been confirmed and as far as I know there are no comparisons done between the two yet.

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #1,874 of 2,697
  There is no telling until Vsonic makes an official statement.  There was speculation that the driver may be different but it's never been confirmed and as far as I know there are no comparisons done between the two yet.

this is outright fraudulent if u ask me,,,,btw the specs of driver listed are exactly as that of mk2

in a way if at all its same ,ppl paying full 179$ are being taken advantage of

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #1,875 of 2,697
Whats the difference between the other 3 gr07s and this model?

Sardar,

I don't think its 'fraudulent' its just marketing.

I got the Tpeos H-100 for $150 and now its sold here at $50 and its the latest edition with remote/mic etc. It's just good marketing.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back