VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Dec 10, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #1,816 of 2,697
Are you trying to ask if the GR07be are better than the Shure SE215s?

I have both and the Shure don't even come close. The SE 215 are good for what they are, fun headphones for people that want a warm, not critical listening. They are outclassed by the V Sonics on pretty much everything, is not even a contest. In fact, they are not the best in their price bracket, and in fact even headphones that are cheaper, like the Dunu's Landmine, are better. Of course, personal preference plays a huge part in our selection, and you might prefer the Shure's sound signature. So they are not better but you might end up enjoying them more.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #1,819 of 2,697
 "So they are not better but you might end up enjoying them more."

I understand what you say, so you think the V Soncs have more objective sound reliabilty compaired to the Shures. Thanks mate

They are more accurate than the Shure, no doubt about it. I personally like them because I find them very precise without being boring.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #1,820 of 2,697
Yes, especially for deep sessions...
The only problem to be honest is the price. It exceeds my 100$ budget.

You could wait a little and see if any of the new vsonics offerings that are under $100 are more to your liking. As I said, I like the 07 because it's very accurate without making my music sound boring, which is a problem I had with the um3x, which I ended up selling. You can check my list of headphones and see that I enjoy my bass. I just can't in good faith recommend the SE215, at least not at the asking price. Don't get me wrong, they are well built, I like the detachable cable (although I hate that jack, forget about a case for your phone or mp3 player with it), and they are fun, but...at $100 you can find better headphones. Heck, for less money you can find better sounding gear. For your type of music I would recommend the Yamaha's as well. If you can find them around $100 on Amazon. Also the meelectronics m-duo are great for the price they are going for now, $40.

Dec 10, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #1,822 of 2,697

How about the Hifiman RE-400 ($99)? I read it has a pretty much same sound signature with the GR07. If you look at the RE-400 thread you'll see many people compare it to the GR07. One downside though is the RE-400 built quality is not as good.

Dec 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,823 of 2,697

How about the Hifiman RE-400 ($99)? I read it has a pretty much same sound signature with the GR07. If you look at the RE-400 thread you'll see many people compare it to the GR07. One downside though is the RE-400 built quality is not as good.

My second pair is having the same problems as my first. Not sure if I want a third pair. The RE400s are more mid centric and has good but less bass. The GR07 BEs are a bit recessed in the mids, extends further in the treble and the bass is deep tight and dies not bleed into the mids. The GR07 sounds like it has more energy to the sound making it very good for EDM.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #1,825 of 2,697

I had the Re262s and all though Hifiman sounds great there build quality is need of a lot of improvement. They all have the same issues.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,827 of 2,697
Dec 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #1,828 of 2,697
My second pair is having the same problems as my first. Not sure if I want a third pair. The RE400s are more mid centric and has good but less bass. The GR07 BEs are a bit recessed in the mids, extends further in the treble and the bass is deep tight and dies not bleed into the mids. The GR07 sounds like it has more energy to the sound making it very good for EDM.

Hi,

I found the mids more forward than recessed on the gr07be, I'm comparing it with the Tpeos H-100.

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #1,830 of 2,697
How do these compare with RE262 in terms of size? I had the RE262, but they broke because of the cheap build quality. 
Looking at these, but was wondering if they are small. I had a problem with the RE262 barely fitting my ears with small tips. Hopefully these are better? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back