VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Feb 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #227 of 2,697
Quote:
eek.gif

My grandma could walk to Canada faster than your package could get there!

Your grandma finally got here with my gr07be's
wink.gif

Love the cable and the comfort. Not enough tips though lol! It will take a while to experiment with them all.

The gr07be's that I got apparently have approx 20 hours on them, so not a lot of time. They do sound very nice, although I think I was expecting a bit more bass. I haven't tried many of the tips though, so possibly I am not getting the optimal fit/seal yet. And I realize that I have another 280 hours of burn-in to get those biocellulose drivers to optimal levels lol.

As a side note, they sound pretty darned nice out of my E12 as well. Cool.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #229 of 2,697
Quote:

wink.gif

Love the cable and the comfort. Not enough tips though lol! It will take a while to experiment with them all.

The gr07be's that I got apparently have approx 20 hours on them, so not a lot of time. They do sound very nice, although I think I was expecting a bit more bass. I haven't tried many of the tips though, so possibly I am not getting the optimal fit/seal yet. And I realize that I have another 280 hours of burn-in to get those biocellulose drivers to optimal levels lol.

Sweet. I'd say just let them burn in your ears.

Try the MH1C tips on them. They're the best silicone tips for the GR07, period.

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #230 of 2,697
Good advice about burn in your ears, and the mh1c tips (they are the best for a lot of my iems - need more!).

I am in the process of falling in love with these things. Listening to Dire Straits Telegraph Road via galaxy tab2 + neutron player + noozxoide. Suweeeeet.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #231 of 2,697
Quote:

Sweet. I'd say just let them burn in your ears.

Try the MH1C tips on them. They're the best silicone tips for the GR07, period.

The MH1C tips I use on the MH1C seal like a vacuum which is great but then I put that same set onto the GR07 and although they do seal well, the Blue one that came with the GR07 work better. Must just be the slight difference on nozzle build.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #232 of 2,697
Quote:

wink.gif

For me the BE began to truely shine after about 75+ hours, but there were times when I would let them play without listening so it's hard to pinpoint.  They definitely improve over time, that's for sure, but I was wowed out of the box as well.  These don't have what's known as a mid-bass hump, nor does the bass bleed into the mids like most 'bassy' headphones and IEMs, so at first you may think there is less bass.  Just give it a week or two, and you will grow to appreciate what these are capable of in the lower regions.  There specialty is frequency range more than it is impact, but I can honestly say these will satisfy most needs - you may just need some 'brain burn in' adjustment if you are coming from one of those 'typical' bassy headphone types.  Seal is also pretty crucial.  I haven't been able to try these with the MH1C tips, but I the stock tips that are pre-installed sound great if they fit you, and official Sony Hybrids sound equally as good to me, so I use those because they are the most comfortable.  I have heard the MH1C were a favorite for the MKII so that is probably the case with the BE as well. The bass is quite refined and textured, and has a natural and realistic presence IMO.  It sounds just as good for rock/metal as it does for electronic/IDM to me, these are indeed very versatile for genres, which is great because I would rather have one pair in while traveling instead of switching between different pairs.

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #235 of 2,697
Quote:
The MH1C tips I use on the MH1C seal like a vacuum which is great but then I put that same set onto the GR07 and although they do seal well, the Blue one that came with the GR07 work better. Must just be the slight difference on nozzle build.

Ok, I found the bass
biggrin.gif

Gave the blue ones a whirl, and managed to get a deeper insertion, and get the nozzles angled properly (great feature btw!), and now I am getting the bass extension and quality that I was looking for, and the rest of the sound is basically beautiful.

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #236 of 2,697
Thanks modulor!
Quote:
For me the BE began to truely shine after about 75+ hours, but there were times when I would let them play without listening so it's hard to pinpoint.  They definitely improve over time, that's for sure, but I was wowed out of the box as well. 

I just needed to get the right tips/insertion/seal. Consider me now wowed :) 

Quote:
These don't have what's known as a mid-bass hump, nor does the bass bleed into the mids like most 'bassy' headphones and IEMs, so at first you may think there is less bass.  Just give it a week or two, and you will grow to appreciate what these are capable of in the lower regions.

No worries - I already appreciate the lower regions. Handled similarly to how my ad900x's handles it. Beautifully.

Quote:
Seal is also pretty crucial.  I haven't been able to try these with the MH1C tips, but I the stock tips that are pre-installed sound great if they fit you, and official Sony Hybrids sound equally as good to me, so I use those because they are the most comfortable.  I have heard the MH1C were a favorite for the MKII so that is probably the case with the BE as well.

Yup. I'll try the mh1c tips again to see if I can get the same results. But at the moment, the blue tips are doing it for me.

Quote:
The bass is quite refined and textured, and has a natural and realistic presence IMO.  It sounds just as good for rock/metal as it does for electronic/IDM to me, these are indeed very versatile for genres, which is great because I would rather have one pair in while traveling instead of switching between different pairs.

Agreed. That's what I also think about the ad900x's, so it is great to have iem's that are similar. And pairing both the ad900x's and the gr07be's with the E12 (version 1) works very nicely as well, because the E12 version 1 bass boost affects mainly just the sub-bass region (but in a subtle way), which essentially just refines and textures the bass a bit more.

It's all good! :)

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #238 of 2,697
Btw, is it recommended to use the ear guides? I have not been using them, but I am wondering if I should be. For instance, does it lessen the likelihood of damaging the cable? I searched this thread but couldn't find any info (maybe the search is not working at the moment).

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #240 of 2,697
Quote:
Nice to here that your loving them bad boys wayne
biggrin.gif
....gotta tell everyone on the fxz200 thread about how epic they are as well
biggrin.gif

It would be fun, but I'd just get beat up since I have never heard them. And now that the Master Troll (cough, sfwalcer, cough) has the fxz200's, I'd be in real trouble!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back