Voyager....WOW!!!
Dec 14, 2007 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
I just finished reviewing the Graham Slee Voyager and all I can say is WOW....it's seriously dropping my jaw with every listen.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/big...pdated-237038/

I have stuff to do and keep finding myself saying "this is the last song" and I can't pull my cans off. The iMod really shines on this amp, rather, the amp really brings out the iMods glory. The only thing that got me to stop listening was my battery dying.
frown.gif

How many people have this amp? Are you as mind boggled as I am with it's sound??? I can't really find anything wrong sonically with it. It sparkles when it needs to without being bright. The mids are so smooth, and the bass delivers mre than any portable I've heard. It's really a shame it doesn't aesthetically match the rest of his products, but sonically this amp is a sure bet. A sure, sure bet

What also sucks, is how weak our damn dollar is....

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the review.
Did you try the USB input as well?

The USB input is only for charging the device, if I am not mistaken.

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 18
Yeah, usb doesn't do anything but charge it. But no, I didn't use it.

I'll tell you though....that contour switch is absolutely insane....I know a lot may not like it because they're not "bassheads" but holy christ, that's just about as close to a sub woofer strapped to your face as you're gonna get. The DT770's were actually moving on my head. I definitly wouldn't use it on everything though as like I said, it does make the bass MASSIVE(not bloated). Now my hornet sounds anemic on electronic and hip-hop tracks, lol.

This amp is my next purchase for sure. but it's going to stay concealed in a pouch, lol.

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #10 of 18
It's $350.

As far as a thread for another thread, I was just wondering who else had one and if their impressions were the same as mine. Rather than giving another review or write a review again, i just linked it to my impressions.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much is it btw?

It is 180 BP, it arrives w/ a wall wart, and usb cable to power the unit and save the battery, and a mini to mini (I think
confused.gif
). The amp does not have a charging circuitry.

The US Dollar is so low that causes the amp to double in price versus 1.4 time a few months ago. Nate glad you like the amp, I personally could only use the contour switch on some songs w/ a bass light can like the K501. I see you are a major basshead if you use the contour w/ the DT770.
biggrin.gif

The battery is good for about 50 to 60 hours of operation.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #12 of 18
Yeah, well I didn't use it all the time, but the 1st time I used it, there's a HUGE note in Brighter than Sunshine by Aqualung and I had on DT770's. All the other bass notes are fairly deep and heavy, but when that one note hit, I was FLOORED without how massive and how much impact and weight it had. Like no other amp for sure. Like I said, the cans were literally shaking on my head.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll tell you though....that contour switch is absolutely insane....I know a lot may not like it because they're not "bassheads" but holy christ, that's just about as close to a sub woofer strapped to your face as you're gonna get. The DT770's were actually moving on my head. I definitly wouldn't use it on everything though as like I said, it does make the bass MASSIVE(not bloated). Now my hornet sounds anemic on electronic and hip-hop tracks, lol.

Kinda like a gun, better to have one and not need it, then to not have one and need it.
biggrin.gif

Great review by the way.

Dec 15, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, well I didn't use it all the time, but the 1st time I used it, there's a HUGE note in Brighter than Sunshine by Aqualung and I had on DT770's. All the other bass notes are fairly deep and heavy, but when that one note hit, I was FLOORED without how massive and how much impact and weight it had. Like no other amp for sure. Like I said, the cans were literally shaking on my head.

Oh OH! See if you can try it with Daft Punk's Digital Love about 4 minutes in. Its a hardcore bass wail.

Dec 16, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #15 of 18
I was trying to buy a Voyager but it's not listed in the Slee on-line shop. I emailed them and haven't heard back. How do you buy one?

I'll answer my own question. John at Slee emailed me and then sent a PayPal request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back